Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Top 10 Tracks - September 2007

djmikebugout

Top 10 Tracks - September 2007

www.myspace.com/mikebugout

1. Do You Want It Right Now (mischa daniels mix) - Degrees of Motion [CAYENNE]

--Always been a fan of mischa's productions and remixes, and this one is no different. Builds up immediately from the beginning of the track with a funky beat. Sampling an older vocal, the electro drop sets it off. Electro bassline throughout with the vocal and that funky beat is the equation that the track uses, and uses well.

2. Heater - Samim [GET PHYSICAL MUSIC]

--I am definitely late on this one. Known about it for a while, but it took a while for me to get used to it. Possibly the record of the summer overseas, especially in Ibiza, this track is now starting to pick up locally as well. The best way to describe it if you have not heard it, would probably be an accordion player going off, but in a jungle. haha. Just as described, the track sounds different than anything else out now or in a while. At the right time, this is a dancefloor killer.

3. Space (klass club mix) - Micha Moor [sCREAM & SHOUT]

--Using a sample from Bob Marley, Micha throws a HUGE electro bassline and kick at this one. This record has gotten the best dancefloor reaction of almost any record I dropped all summer. The breakdown features the full bob marley beat, before building back up the electro madness. Check out Micha's page here--> www.myspace.com/michamoor

4. Grand Canyon (dirty south vocal mix) - Tracey Thorn [VIRGIN UK]

--If the name of the artist doesn't look familiar, hearing the first two words of the track she sings might ring a bell. Most dance fans will immediately recognize Tracey's voice from the hit "Missing" by Everything But The Girl. She's recently released a solo album and this is one of the featured tracks. It has gotten a score of remixes, but I am feeling the Dirty South's vocal on this one. The bassline is solid and the breakdown really gets you. I love the fact they were able to put a dope beat behind the track, but still feature her beautiful voice as the key element.

5. Lonely - Reeves ft Alanah [sONGBIRD]

--The first of three tracks from Tiesto's new double mixed CD "In Search of Sunrise 6 - Ibiza" that shows up on my top 10 this month. Reeves track featuring the angelic sounds of vocalist Alanah is a housy record with some trancy sounds. It features a beautiful piano breakdown and a deep bassline to match. I always love when a arrangement (beats & melodies) matches the emotion of the vocal. This track is a perfect example of that.

6. Columbian Soul (gabriel & dresden's tuscan soul reconstruction) - D Ramirez & Mark Knight [TOOLROOM TRAXX]

--Gets my vote for nastiest track of the month as well. You may remember the original from my top 10 back in May, now comes a remix pack featuring a reconstruction by Gabriel & Dresden. They take the tracks original synthline and still incorporate it, however they beef up the beats and bassline. In addition, they add 2 ridiculous drops and builds. Already getting heavy support from Armin, Marcus and the major jocks, I'm all over this one.

7. Falling - First State ft Anita Kelsey [sONGBIRD]

--FINALLY! This monster vocal has been a feature on Tiesto's weekly radio mixshow for 2 months now, finally gets a release as part of the "In Search of Sunrise 6" pack. First State's usual strings arrangement surrounds the vocal before giving way to a deep techy bassline filled with effect vocal stabs. Very few tracks have not only a great beat but a great vocal to go with it and match them up perfectly. That's what First State does here.

8. Bulldozer - Simon Patterson [RESET]--This track has the perfect title (with the exception of possibly "Sledgehammer"). A techy hard banger that has been the weapon of choice for both Tiesto & Armin all summer, this track has finally been released. An intense buildup culminates with a bassdrop that sounds like almost every bassdrop you've heard before. Then out of nowhere, a synth stab hit and knocks you back ten feet, like you just got run over by a...you guessed it, bulldozer.

9. Let It Go (axwell remix) - Dirty South [AXTONE]

--My man Ronin has had his ear to the ground since we heard the Sweedish House Mafia drop this gem in their Radio 1 Live Set from Amnesia in Ibiza. After still tweaking the track in his studio for weeks, Axwell has released his remix of this banger on his own label. Quite different from the original which features the guitar heavily, this remix is all over the place courtesy of Axwell. Huge record for the fall.

10. Hide & Seek (tiesto's in seach of sunrise remix) - Imogen Heap [sONGBIRD]

--The perfect way to end Disc 1 of Tiesto's ISOS 6 is the perfect way to end my top 10 this month. Tiesto again gets in the studio with a vocal and comes out with a gem. This time he takes Imogen Heap's effected vocal and adds a great bassline to it (the key feature of any vocal remix). First time I heard it was Hammerstein Ballroom as an encore, and it sounds great still.

That's all for September. You can catch my mixshow every Monday at 4pm and again at 10pm (EST) at www.antifmradio.com and dont forget to come catch me live EVERY Wednesday at Deko Lounge in Sayreville NJ.

mb