Clubplanet Nightlife Community

How important are dancing skills?

Originally posted by p00h:

man to each their own. i hate people who write reviews about clubs they've been to and bitch about the crowd standing around, no one could dance there etc etc. not saying thats what this thread is about, but are you people going to clubs to dance and enjoy yourself or are you going to look at what others are doing and write stupid reviews on this board about no one could dance, and there were all ravers there and the crowd was ugly blah blah blah.

DRAMA for reduced...

1) It doesn't matter if people are standing around, unless they are doing their standing around on the dance floor when it is too crowded already. No need to take up real estate if you aren't going to use it

2) Its fun to complain about stuff like the crowd not dancing or there being too many guidos, if you don't take the complaining too seriously. People watching is a fun part of the experience. Also, just because I complain doesn't mean I didn't have fun while I was there. We should all know we have nothing to get too upset about. Anyone who doesn't like the clubs here should spend a summer in Minneapolis like I did once.

all house or rave dancing done today in clubs, (even the people on the stages) is all freestyle dancing, find your own groove, at first learn to just keep rythym with your body after start to incorperate your own personal style into it, be it a little head motion or and extra hop step, just crank the music and dance in your house, (in front of a mirror at first, this will show you what you look like and if your keeping correct timing)

just dance practice makes perfect...

Originally posted by dmgreenz:

So, besides getting out on the floor, any good resources for learning the mooves before hitting the dance floor?

It's not like the good ol' days when they sold those little books that 'taught' you how to break dance. ;-) And, it's also not like Michael Jackson days when you could watch the videos and learn the moon walk. ;-)

------------------

I take my problems to the dancefloor...

I don't care either way if someone is a good dancer or not. I mean they are there to have a good time, not show off so some choreagrapher will "spot" them out for a video or something. I dance different ways to different kinds of music. Someone can think that I am a good dancer (as always wink.gif )in one venue and then in another other people think I suck. But hey, its all about having a good time. My only peeve are people that just stand on the dancefloor looking around like they are lost when the music is pumpin'. Two words: SIT DOWN!

That is all. smile.gif

------------------

Tutto e possibile!

I am the world's worst dancer, but I don't care. Why give me shit for enjoying myself? Blueangel has the right attitude.

Hypocritical snob that I am though (and judging from a lot of the comments on this page I'm in good company), if I have to dance behind that guy headbanging at Sushi and Dickhead again this week, I will personally kick his legs away from under him. No offense mate.

Originally posted by dirtyslapper:

I am the world's worst dancer, but I don't care. Why give me shit for enjoying myself? Blueangel has the right attitude.

Hypocritical snob that I am though (and judging from a lot of the comments on this page I'm in good company), if I have to dance behind that guy headbanging at Sushi and Dickhead again this week, I will personally kick his legs away from under him. No offense mate.

oh u want a piece of me? bring it! just remember to say drama at the door for reduced...

------------------

Just Say DRAMA @the door for Reduced...

Nothing makes me happier than dancing with somebody -- male or female -- that just likes to move around. I can keep a beat, I like using up a fair amount of space...... and I love watching somebody who I consider to be an interesting dancer. I always watch their feet, and who knows -- maybe I'll learn something, try it out, pick it up and have even more fun because of it. Live through the music.....

------------------

-=Vejita=-

Well dancing shouldn't be important, it should be fun...It's a plus if you look good doing it...I also think it has a lot to due with confidence, the more you have the better...All I know is that I love to watch a good dancer, especially if they hit moves on beats and stalls, AWESOME!!! Don't sweat it if you can't dance, just watch us smile.gif

------------------

Listen to the music and the rest will follow...

Guest crystalmethodny

LMAO Pooh...

hahaha

Innuendo talking bastard

------------------

"We're going to build things up slowly... are you with me? Here we go."

SLAP - is that a gauntlet being thrown down before me?? If you really want to see just how bad a dancer I am I will be enjoying myself hugely on the floor both at Vinyl and Twilo on friday night. rhythm? rhythm? what's that (apart from being really difficult to spell...)

Hey I have no problem with ppl who have next to no sense of rhythm on the floor, unless of course they are dancing on top of you......it can be quite amusing if someone with no rhythm is dancing so as to placate their better half as someone put it earlier.... wink.gif

Oh and dirtyslapper can dance wink.gif

------------------

..................coming soon to a dancefloor near you------------------> boa_boy@yahoo.com

Originally posted by eggmok:

isn't the way a person dances a direct correlation of how good they are in the sack . . .

how do you substantiate this? i hope so, because i'm often told that i dance awesome. but my bf has never exlicitly told me this about being in bed. then again, a lot of people don't watch us when we're in bed. in any case, i very much enjoy myself doing either

Originally posted by foodbark:

i think dancing is very important, but i also think it is very internal. one of the things i love about clubbing is how humanistic it is...when i dance no one else exists.....i think this is why i don't ever meet anyone going out....once i start dancing i become the center of my own little world...so do i think that dancing is important...yes..do i think it's important that people can dance well....yes, and i do love to watch great dancers, but people should dance well for their own sakes not for mine or anyone elses. my greatest dancing memories are from times when the club was almost empty or when know one was paying attention...

I totally agree with you, Foodbark. You could NOT have said it better. Dancing is all about you and the music. It's what you feel and your interpretation of the music. That's why I love to go clubbing and I love the music... I have really found who I am. smile.gif

------------------

fantcgirl1@yahoo.com

well if someone got rhythmn.....

they got rhythmn......

wink.gif

if someone is a crazy ass performer.....

they're a performer.......

wink.gif

'nuff said biggrin.gif

------------------

..................coming soon to a dancefloor near you------------------> boa_boy@yahoo.com