Clubplanet Nightlife Community

This board needs a music FAQ

I meant CDs not the live sets.

Over all Paul is not that good of a DJ in my perspective. I like to see/hear more work than just changing the records. He just did not impress me at all last time he was here.

Warren - I heard him live before I bought a CD and I was disappointed by the CD. I expected a lot more after what I heard before.

Just too much expectation I guess. Expected much more from both CDs.

Do you know if NW will be spinning anywhere in NY soon??? I really want to hear him again.

------------------

mozgi_*_**_**_

Dance f*ck dance

[This message has been edited by mozgi (edited 08-23-2000).]

Originally posted by frankie_pep:

i'm not trying to start nothing either smile.gif

to each his own

but what is you don't like about them?

there music or mixing abilities ...

I don't think there's anything bad that anyone can say about Nick Warren. The man is . . . just the Bomb! However, Oaky on the other hand is . . . urgh. His mixing is just not what it was when he first came out. People are starting to call him "DJ Fade-Out" because he doesn't mix into the next track anymore . . .he just fade into it. So his mixing hasn't been that great.

BlueAngel

------------------

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."

- Burton Hills

Yeah I agree, NW is amazing live but like you said (but in other words) You can't judge a DJ by there CD nothing compares to live experience ...

As for him coming around, i'm sure he'll rock Twilo in the near future ..

Originally posted by mozgi:

I meant CDs not the live sets.

Over all Paul is not that good of a DJ in my perspective. I like to see/hear more work than just changing the records. He just did not impress me at all last time he was here.

Warren - I heard him live before I bought a CD and I was disappointed by the it. I expected a lot more.

Just too much expectation I guess. Expected much more from both CDs.

Do you know if NW will be spinning anywhere in NY soon??? I really want to hear him again.

------------------

I love this house,

this house of house

well i can't really say about nick warren i have his global underground and i just don't like it, live though he may be amazing. i really don't know, then again, i heard oakie live and he was just ok.

I have heard real good things about sandra collins anyone heard tranceport 3 i know its out already for a bit..

a question for all to ponder, why do you think djs mixing skills fall off, i mean if they start out good should there natural proggresion be to only get better, time and time again i have heard dj's start to falter, is it slacking, a lack of intrest, or drive? what do you think?

Originally posted by blueangel:

I don't think there's anything bad that anyone can say about Nick Warren. The man is . . . just the Bomb! However, Oaky on the other hand is . . . urgh. His mixing is just not what it was when he first came out. People are starting to call him "DJ Fade-Out" because he doesn't mix into the next track anymore . . .he just fade into it. So his mixing hasn't been that great.

BlueAngel

------------------

I take my problems to the dancefloor...

I "think" it's when their egos start getting in their way. In the beginning they're more aggressive. That have this desire to prove to the world what they can do, so they think of many different ways they can make people go "oooohhhhh" "ahhhhhhh."

But I suppose when you're big like Oaky, you start to become lazy. Too comfortable with the "Best DJ" title. I suppose that's why DJ's such as Sasha, DT, CC ect. DJs that's been on top for a while but still razor sharp are what we really call Super DJs. That's what separates the best from the good. Just what I think.

BlueAngel

------------------

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."

- Burton Hills

If people are gonna bitch and whine and complain about music and deejays, I wish they could at least do it intelligently. Could we please put together a music FAQ so at least people can keep their music styles vs. deejays straight.

Maybe it would shut up some of the fighting.

For such an opinionated bunch of people, many of you seem to know squat about the music.

(bring on the drama)

------------------

keep it cutlary

www.spoonyd.iwarp.com

Spoony, you know damn well ignorance reigns supreme in this arena. Everything has been and will remain always about image and jumping on the bandwagon, etc. Expecting a somewhat intellignet discussion on music with people who have very limited knowledge on the subject is like going to Factory and leaving before 6 am. It's pointless!

Listen, all I can say is this. I have been going out to clubs/raves for 6 years strong and have heard some of the illest talent ever! Intellignece comes with experience and util these newbies expand their musical horizons, ignorance is bliss...And that's my word...

------------------

"I'm so glad I'm not you..."

Originally posted by spoonyd:

If people are gonna bitch and whine and complain about music and deejays, I wish they could at least do it intelligently. Could we please put together a music FAQ so at least people can keep their music styles vs. deejays straight.

Maybe it would shut up some of the fighting.

For such an opinionated bunch of people, many of you seem to know squat about the music.

(bring on the drama)

Your a very wise man, spoony

That is so true

e-mail me let me know whats up and how your weekend was..

------------------

I love this house,

this house of house

and so is born the music crew.

btw - mangledesh, I was going to make a similar comment about your post in the JP rhumor thread. Unless you were born into the rave scene, it's hard to understand, and there's no trying to explain it.

It's funny people talking about how trance never made it in NY because NY'ers just don't like it. I'm starting to think that's bullshit. It's because people here don't care. Places where trance is popular are places where people really know their music, and love all styles. People who can move intelligently through all scenes, from house, to trance, to jungle. That's not NY and certainly not this board.

meh. It frustrates.

frankie: e-mail in progress.

big up the music crew!

------------------

keep it cutlary

www.spoonyd.iwarp.com

You damn right, Spoony. Funny thing actually. When a popular New York DJ plays stuff that "the majority" doesn't like, chances are it is progressive. 9 times out of 10 when someone says, they don't like it, it's beacuse it's new and never been heard before (i.e. progressive trance). Give these rejects about two more years. When everyone else in NY starts to like it and listen to it, they will too... And that's my word.

Keep in mind, you and I have been spoiled by having tolerance. That is the only thing that will allow you to keep an open mind....

------------------

"I'm so glad I'm not you..."