Clubplanet Nightlife Community

a question for all to ponder

Why do you think djs mixing skills fall off, i mean if they start out good should there natural proggresion be to only get better, time and time again i have heard dj's start to falter, is it slacking, a lack of intrest, or drive? what do you think?

This question was posted by scramble in another thread. I think it has a life of its own...

------------------

mozgi_*_**_**_

Dance f*ck dance

I "think" it's when their egos start getting in their way. In the beginning they're more aggressive. That have this desire to prove to the world what they can do,so they think of many different ways they can make people go "oooohhhhh" "ahhhhhhh." But I suppose when you're big like Oaky, you start to become lazy. Too comfortable with the "Best DJ" title. I suppose that's why DJ's such as Sasha, DT, CC ect. DJs that's been on top for a while but still razor sharp are what we really call Super DJs. That's what separates the best from the good.

Just what I think.

BlueAngel

------------------

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."

- Burton Hills

I don't think all of them do drugs... I have to disagree on that. I agree with angel somewhat. Maybe they look into producing more than into DJing? I don't know - but you do see a lot of big names slaking of once they become big.

------------------

mozgi_*_**_**_

Dance f*ck dance

And I'd say this happens not just with DJ's, but other musicians as well. Most of bands/singers/producers come up with their best work at the start of their career. Then once they get big most of them kinda fall off...

------------------

May be one day I'll be an honest man... Up till now I do the best I can.

thanks good lookin out.

i could never understand it, the only explaination i have come up with is... drugs.. noonoonono.

Has anyone ever been in a job where it starts off great you really work hard to get that promotion then you get to the pinnacle you have wanted to be at, and theres no longer a challange you kind of stagnate and become bored.

Well i think that alot of djs hit that point and they maybe aren't feeling it the way they used to or that the dj is feeling it, its just a different feeling they once had...

just my thoughts...

Originally posted by mozgi:

Why do you think djs mixing skills fall off, i mean if they start out good should there natural proggresion be to only get better, time and time again i have heard dj's start to falter, is it slacking, a lack of intrest, or drive? what do you think?

This question was posted by scramble in another thread. I think it has a life of its own...

------------------

I take my problems to the dancefloor...

Sure scramble. You brought up an interesting point. You also answered a question. I think I am in a somewhat similar situation with my work. Anybody knows where a decent programmer can earn a buck in NYC? smile.gif

DJs are people - and we dancers, in our blissful ignorance, forget about that.

------------------

mozgi_*_**_**_

Dance f*ck dance

DJ's are incredibly similar to musicians- their styles are similar to other DJ's of the same era - some excel. When that type of music is played out, they've got to move into a new style which they may or may not be too good at. The types of music may not be radically different from each other, but as it evolves eventually it will really change a lot. How many bands can excel at different types of music? Rock and roll, reggae, alt, heavy metal. They can do one better than others, possibly be proficient at another and not even consider trying any more. Same shit with DJ's.