Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What is wrong with Webster Hall will it ever improved?

rbert

Webster Hall is worst club in NYc. They don,t really support house music like in the past. There hip hop room turned into ghetto hip hop there rock room is not all that. The crowd is bad they dont know anything about music or nightlifescene. I heard Dj Sasha was bored that friday night. Nobody dance they just stared at him. Sasha belongs at Pacha friday night.

Webster Hall= Half ClueLess Tourists+Half People That Dont Care Whos Playing

That Night. As far as WH supporting EDM Music. They dont need to do that.

There are always enouph people who will pay just to go out and hear shity

music. Also, WH has been around forever and as of today longest running

club in NY. They are doing something right to stay around for so long.

it's actually set to become a historical landmark as well...

A landmark day for Webster Hall

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, October 22nd 2007, 4:00 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Print

Email

Suggest a Story

Webster Hall, the East Village concert hall famed for drag queen debauchery and 1980s prom parties, is in line to become an official city landmark.

"It has had an enormous impact on the history of New York City and the East Village," said Landmarks Commissioner Robert Tierney, recalling raucous rock concerts there in the 1980s.

The Romanesque Revival-style structure with a terra-cotta facade, which dates to 1886, is also "a major architectural treasure," he said.

The E. 11th St. hangout embraced gays and lesbians long before it was cool, holding masquerade balls and giving drag queens a stage, but its history also traces back to the labor movement and radical politics.

More recently, it hosted a Madonna pajama party and holds amateur striptease competitions.

"It's preserving a piece of our history and preserving the character of the neighborhood," said Andrew Berman of the Greenwich Village Society for Historic Preservation.

The Landmarks Preservation Commission will hold a public hearing on Webster Hall on Oct. 30 at 1 Centre St., ninth floor, before voting on its status.

Kathleen Lucadamo

They are trying to bring in name djs recently look who has palyed their.

TENAGLIA

SASHA

QUENTIN HARRIS

LEE BURRIDGE

DAVID MORALES

LOUIE VEGA

And while the venue itsself has a terrible reputation i think the main room is great and i really enjoy myself on sunday nights once a month for the Kiss My Black Ass parties with Quentin Harris and guests.

Danny T there was abit strange but musically was great. To me its always bout the dj not the venue. If enough people or fans of a dj make it to wherever the dj is playing they create the vibe and make it a great night.

And this whole touristy arguement is stupid, EVERY CLUB on EVERY NIGHT at EVERY PARTY has tourist, prove me wrong.

And this whole touristy arguement is stupid, EVERY CLUB on EVERY NIGHT at EVERY PARTY has tourist, prove me wrong.

I agree with your statement that EVERY CLUB on EVERY NIGHT at EVERY PARTY has tourist, but WH has more of them than any other club.

It makes a big diffrence when half of the club tourists that dont know

there is other music out there than Top 40.