Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Top 10 Tracks - December 2007

djmikebugout

Top 10 Tracks - December 2007

myspace.com/mikebugout

1. Beautiful Burnout (mark knight mix) - Underworld [uNDERWORLDLIVE]

-- This techy monster is a track you normally wouldn't hear me play in my sets. Mark Knight keeps it simple here; a driving bassline, simple keys and repetitive sounds. The vocal gets thrown in midway thru and haunts the track. Feelin this one on the deep side.

2. Together (robbie rivera mix) - Bob Sinclair/Steve Edwards [TOMMYBOY]

-- It never fails that when the weather gets cold out, I will always find one track that just makes you think of sun and sand and warmth and play it nonstop. For me this year I've found that track in Rivera's remix of the new Bob Sinclair. You will obviously recognize Steve Edwards vocals ("World Hold On") but Rivera gives this track the uplifting spirit I feel that none of the other remixes provide. I'm sure I'll break this one out in March when heading to Miami.

3. La Camisa Negra (robbie rivera) - Juanes [CDR]

-- Rivera pops up again on my chart, this time with a spanish-infused electro bomb. The vocal is all in spanish and Rivera fills in the rest with hard electro basslines, deep kicks, and a catchy synth-line.

4. Shake It 2007 (dj antoine/mad mark) - Lee Cabrera [HOUSEWORKS]

-- Looks like I'm on my latino shit this month, with another banger here. Shake It was a monster track when the original came out, and it gets a nice treatment in this new pack of 07/08 remixes. My selection comes from dj antoine and mad mark, 2 guys who team up to always turn out quality remixes. The salsa/meringue keys/guitar from the original build up to a peak, before finally giving way to a housy drop that always turns heads. Great remix of a classic track.

5. Sound of Goodbye (EDX's Indian Summer Remix) - Armin Van Buuren [ARMADA]

-- With remixes from many quality producers on the new version, I've chosen this Sweedish producers take on Armin's hit from a few years ago. It gives the complete and total feel of Chris Lake's "Carry Me Away" from earlier this year. It is another track that gives off a summery vibe and in this frigid weather, I can't get enough of tracks like this.

6. Everything (cosmic gate remix) - Tiesto ft Jes [bLACKHOLE]

-- Off of Tiesto's "Elements of Life", Everything appeared on my charts earlier this year. With a remix album forthcoming, Cosmic Gate take the cake with the best remix of any track on it. They transform Jes' vocal into an even more haunting sound with an epic intro that gets an set off to a rockin start. Great work by Nic & Bossi on this one.

7. To Forever (deadmau5 remix) - Rachael Starr [CDR]

-- Rachael's vocals turn any track into a certified banger. However on this one, she gets some backup from rising producer Deadmau5 (pronounced Deadmouse) to form an electro vocal that fits well in almost all of my sets. The melody combined with her vocal really fits well.

8. Muzaik (marcus schossow) - Miko [RELIC RECORDINGS]

-- Another producer who has made his mark this year is Marcus Schossow. His remix of this Miko track actually takes me back as the sound is reminiscent of the harder tracks that used to rule in 99-01. He keeps it updated though with his signature techy overtures and sounds.

9. Apologize (daft punk inspired mix) - Timbaland ft New Republic [bLACKGROUND]

-- Another big pop crossover track here that gets 900000 dance remixes. This mix that I've chosen was sent to me by a friend, so I'm not even 100% sure the label on the remix is correct. It sounds as though Daft Punk actually did the mix with their trademark sounds throughout, but the electro basslines match the vocal perfectly. Big record for me at my Wednesday spot.

10. Aftersun - Pascal Feliz [HIGH CONTRAST]

-- With 2 surefire selections to my top 100 tracks already this year, Pascal looks like he can make it 3 with his new banger. Along the same lines as "Platinum" and "From Inside the Speaker", "Aftersun" is 8 minutes of techy drums, hard kicks and a distorted synth to send dancefloors into a frenzy.

That's it for this month, and for 2007! Thanks to everyone who has supported me all year long. Mark your calenders now for my BEST of 2007 Show, which I will air my TOP 100 Tracks of the year. I will broadcast and mix them LIVE on Saturday, December 29th beginning at 12noon (EST) and go until at least 8pm.

Also catch me spinning at one of these spots coming up--

Wed 12/19 - Deko Lounge (sayreville, nj) - Wildlife Wednesday

Sun 12/23 - Club Abyss (sayreville, nj) - Teen Night

Wed 12/26 - Deko Lounge (sayreville, nj) - Wildlife Wednesday

Thurs 12/27 - Club Abyss (sayreville, nj) - Teen Night

Sun 12/30 - Club Abyss (sayreville, nj) - Teen Night

Mon 12/31 - Club Abyss (sayreville, nj) - New Years Eve!!

Wed 1/2 - Deko Lounge (sayreville, nj) - Wildlife Wednesday

Again thanks for all the support and I wish everyone a blessed holiday and a happy & safe new year!

mb