Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Top 10 Tracks - January 2008

djmikebugout

Top 10 Tracks - January 2008

myspace.com/mikebugout

1. Cause You Know (nic chagall remix) - Markus Schulz ft Departure [COLD HARBOR]

-- Finally getting its release on Markus' label, this track was a fav of mine from December that has carried over in '08. The main thing about this track that I love is the way Nic uses the vocal throughout the song in background (my boy robin pointed this out to me, and upon a closer listen, its there almost throughout the whole track). I also love the play between the soft melodies and airy trancy chords and the hard techy basslines and synths Nic (and cosmic gate) are known for. Great remix here.

2. The Girl You Lost To Cocaine (sander van doorn remix) - Sia [DOORN]

-- Another crossover hit for Sander, getting huge play from not only the big trance guys, but also the house and tribal guys are on board. The bassdrop at 1:30 is insane on a large system. SVD's techy drums and bassline make this track appeal to almost all genres.

3. Mogadon (infinitize remix) - Rick Nicholls & Asher Jones [NOIR MUSIC BLACK]

-- My man Rick F. put me up on this track. Its a funky, bassy jam with a synth that 'bleeps and bloops'. The simplicity of the track initially does give way to a bassline and grooves that fill the track up, but the best part to me is the drop with the bleeps. Great set builder right here, people immediately hit the floor when this one comes on.

4. Pull Over - Noel Sinner [sUPERSTAR RECORDINGS]

-- A update of the hard trance jam from 2000 (Hypertrophy), and my new anthem at Wildlife Wednesdays (see here-->

)

The unmistakable synth lead into a buildup really has the energy that our Wednesday party possesses. Huge record for me.

5. Apocalypse - Arno Cost & Norman Doray [sERIAL]

-- After producing "Magenta" in 2007 and getting huge acclaim, Arno Cost returned again in 07, and finally getting an official release in 08 on this collabo with Norman Doray. Huge energy and builds in this one and massive support from AVB and other trance jocks have this record driving crowds insane.

6. Extensions - Wardt [DOORN]

-- Another release off Sander Van Doorn's label, this is the B-Side to Wardt's "Show My Shuffle" record. This may be my favorite record of the year so far. Its simple with a trancy keyboard throughout, yet its minimal and techy with its beats and basslines.

7. Morumb-T-C (bugout's wildlife edit) - Tocadisco meets Lula [CD-R]

-- This is an edit I made for Wednesdays using Tocadisco's Morumbi and the acapella of Extascy. Its pretty much what you think it is, but by adding the vocal to the already crazy builds, it has that Wildlife energy. If you havent travelled down to Deko Lounge on a Wednesday to hear it, I'm also rockin it on my mixshows (Mondays 4pm on www.antifmradio.com).

8. Tanz De Steele (YOMC mix) - DJ Eremit [CD-R]

-- Playing for about 300 people in the intimate setting of Mur Mur inside the Borgata hotel in Atlantic City, Tiesto unleashed this bomb for the first time. Slamming bassline, beautiful breakdown and then out of nowhere a crazy synth. Eremit is great producer and I'm looking forward to hearing more from him.

9. Technology (daniel kandi) - Sebastian Brandt [ASOT]-- I'm definitely a big fan of Brandt and a huge fan of Kandi, so this was a no brainer for me. Beautiful breakdown followed by a build maximizing distorted sounds. Finally, Kandi adds some uplifting keys to finish off the track. Great production all around.

10. Ledged Up - Richard Durand [TERMINAL 4]

-- Another monster from Durand here. Great work with the middle breakdown on this one, my favorite part. Durand builds it back up in typical RD fashion. Support from Tiesto on this one.

That's all for this month. Don't forget to come join me on Wednesday night, January 30th as my birthday falls on a wednesday, so we're throwin a bash for the ages at Deko Lounge. Message me for details!

Party Safe,

mb

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...