Clubplanet Nightlife Community

GU 16 Comments . . .

I love it. By far one of my fav CDs to come out this year. Brilliant and lush tracks. I'm just entranced by Way Out West's track "The Fall". Love the way they sampled it. You can find the full song on Nick Warren's Back To Mine album. Another classic cd everyone must own.

Can't wait for Tenalgia's GU and Nick Warren's GU too.

------------------

Come together and try to make a better world. - Crystal Method

shadowchaser076@aol.com

"The Fall" is next to Godliness, "Horizons" remix by Warren is phenominal, and Seaman's own "Wuarp" and "1-800 Ming" are pretty damn good. He's the most modest mutha fucker I ever had the pleasure of meeting. Did you know he was the editor of Mixmag? Like I said . . . modest.

-Tracy

It's not the best GU in my opinion. If I were to choose, I would go with CD1 because its a little more deeper. He starts out right with track 1- The Hacienda must be rebuilt. Gets things going smoothly w/ Simon-Free at last into Moby-Porcelain, which I thought went well.

The mixed flowed very nice and you could hear the added touches that Seaman layers over some of the tracks.

CD2 is more on the trancey side. It's well programmed but I wasn't happy that he put the Baguio track on there. Nonetheless, it doesn't sound as bad as expected. Thumbs up on 'the fall' as well as Holden's 'Horizons' Those were the standout ones for me.

Overall a good cd but not a must buy. I think he did a much better job with Buenos Aires. That cd IMO, was one of the best GU releases.

Looking forward to hearing GU17 soon. I think that's the cd to take the cake.

Originally posted by Nolimit:

It's not the best GU in my opinion. If I were to choose, I would go with CD1 because its a little more deeper. He starts out right with track 1- The Hacienda must be rebuilt. Gets things going smoothly w/ Simon-Free at last into Moby-Porcelain, which I thought went well.

The mixed flowed very nice and you could hear the added touches that Seaman layers over some of the tracks.

CD2 is more on the trancey side. It's well programmed but I wasn't happy that he put the Baguio track on there. Nonetheless, it doesn't sound as bad as expected. Thumbs up on 'the fall' as well as Holden's 'Horizons' Those were the standout ones for me.

Overall a good cd but not a must buy. I think he did a much better job with Buenos Aires. That cd IMO, was one of the best GU releases.

Looking forward to hearing GU17 soon. I think that's the cd to take the cake.

I totally agree. It's not anything special. I don't find myself searching the sleevenotes for the names of . . . well just about everything that makes up a track. My Danny Howells should be coming in soon. That should be pretty fabulous!

-Tracy

P.S. . . How many fuckin times can you put Baguio and Porcelain on a compilation?? It's just like how many Ibiza compilations can be mixed . . . with the same tracks used over and over again? Pisses me off.

I love this GU release. Dave Seaman has yet to let me down (I have both his Renaissance America and Awakenings, as well as his other GU release).

You're right that Disc 1 is a lot deeper than 2, which gets trancy with an edge. Though, I'm not sure I agree with you about not putting the "The Baguio Track" in there. I especially liked this remix of it.

BTW, have you guys listened to the Danny Howell's, GU Nubreed release. Its awesome as well!!

Howells nubreed. That's all I have pretty much talked about for the last week or two. That's what I call music. It's not for everyone though.

People are going to listen to this and I can see some disappointment. Especially if house isn't your thing.

It might sound too slow or too repetetive with not a lot going on.

Tracks that STOOD out.

Luke Slater-All Exhale

Science Dept- Breathe

Bushwacka!-Healer

Saeed & Palash-Dooms Day <--these 2 have been on FIRE lately!

Lexicon Avenue-Midnight on west 27th

Easily one of my favorites of the year. Mad respect for Howells keeping it mellow & lush!