Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Some weird news :)

Guest crystalmethodny

Guest crystalmethodny

Since I was out of town for a few days, I didn't get the chance to check out the daily newswires that float into my media mail box every day... so while reading one back dated from August 24th, I caught a laugh... here it is... Go Tennessee rednecks!

And In Other News...

Buy a Car, Get a Free Rifle

POWELL, Tenn. (Reuters) - A Tennessee used car dealer is shooting back at anti-gun campaigners with a Saturday special this week: Buy a car and get a free rifle.

``The only problem is it has hurt sales. Everyone's waiting until Saturday to come in and buy a car,'' Greg ``Lumpy'' Lambert, head of Advantage Auto Sales, told Reuters on Wednesday.

On what he has dubbed ``Second Amendment Saturday'' -- a reference to the U.S. Constitution's arms bearing provision -- buyers will receive a voucher redeemable for a used, bolt action rifle at GunCraft Sports in nearby West Knoxville, Tennessee.

``It's perfect for deer hunting,'' Lambert said.

Those redeeming the vouchers in the one-day promotion would have to comply with all government regulations showing they are qualified before they could acquire the weapon.

There's something for the kids too -- every child who comes to the lot gets a free squirt gun, even if their parents don't buy a car.

``I've gotten a lot of supportive comments,'' he said. ``This is an effort by my company and a pro (gun) rights group called the Rights Education Fund, which will be present handing out literature explaining that we do in fact have second amendment rights.''

Lambert said he and the Knoxville-based rights group have been upset by some anti-gun activities, including a recent gun buy-back conducted by the Knoxville Police Department – a move the rights group said was needlessly disarming the citizens of Knoxville and wasting taxpayers' money.

------------------

"We're going to build things up slowly... are you with me? Here we go."

Guest crystalmethodny

Tell me about it Blueangel...

Just wanted to give you kats some other things to think about besides drugs, clubs, DJ's, and sex.

-Steve

------------------

"We're going to build things up slowly... are you with me? Here we go."