Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Untruthful Door Manager Of Karu & Y Ultralounge

powerofluv

1874658997_b79cff5972_o.jpg

Another funny yet disturbing evolution from a so called high end club disses people at the door with difamatory declaration!

It's Saturday May 10th, 2008 it's 1245am and I stand at the door of Karu & Y Ultralounge, I didn't return for over 3 weeks, and since a my roomate is promoting there, I'm on my way to have some good time...

I've played there along jojoflores past Thanksgiving eve, and have regularly helped discretly by putting they're Therapy Events on my Special Event Recommendations to co-promote the events! Since Therapy consist a music stlye I have always supported!

So coming to the door since most of the door and security people know me I got easiely my comp ticket and was on my way in...

That's when all became really confusing and to my astonishment, the Door manager refuses entrance!

I'm first surprised, and in the same time kinda shoked...

Now not knowing what reason, I politly stepped out of the entrance and asked what was the reason of my refusal...

The answer was even more surprising! At first he just responded dry, that I caused a problem 2 weeks ago...Since I didn't return there for more than 3 weeks

I couldn't understand what it was, "the problem I've caused"...the Door girl which had given already the comp appologized since she didn't understand what was the problem, especially me being in the Club industry for over 30 years, and for over 12 years in Miami and Miami-Beach , I never would look for problems nor

would I create any, I'm myself in this working branch and industry why would I

cause any problems and cut myself???

So knowing the one of the higher ranked Manager I text him and eventually I saw him. And I asked him what was the deal? He replied, that to give him few minutes to take care of other Guests and that he will take a look at it...

Which have spoken to him, I tought since he was higher ranked than the Doormanager he could maybe regulate the situation...

After over 20 minutes of waiting, I decided to go on the ground of the so called problem I supposed to have caused to them.. To my biggest surprise he answered, that I was bumping into people while dancing, and that customers had complained....yeah right me 44 years old father of 3 childeren, over 30 years of DJing and 14 years of producing music and being featured for over 5 years featured WMC artists and recordlabel Owner, working in the Music industry,

and done work since over a year for the City Officials such as the Mayor of Miami Manny Diaz, or former Miami-Beach mayor Dave Dermer and actual Miami-Beach Mayor Matti Herrera Bower, would definitely know if I bump into people!!!

So, I was that's not right, what the heck is going on with this Door Guy???

Is it racial issue since I'm half Korean and Jamaican Afro American, and the Door Guy seem to be a pure Caucasian...

And even the higher ranked Manager was not willing to put a word, but consoled me that he will talk during the week about it...say what??? So I can't get in because this guy decide so???

That's how we the club industry people which have shaped the Beach and Miami and still active continuing to shape get treated???

Who the heck are they???

Again they forgetting that it's the customers and promoters and partygoers, that make salary of the club employees possible!

If nobody goes to the club no salary, no employes! If the Promoter is not providing customers no salary for none of em no door guys or manager would be get paid...each single dollar which comes into a club is part of the salary for the employees!

Did this Door Guy forget all this already because he got a Title as "Door Manager"???

Maybe no wonder, that the clubscene will die out her in Miami and on the Beach, because either they taken under the hand money and not 10 or 20 dollars but hundreds of em...and so they start to get the feel they are all mighty and forget they get there because of the customers, the partygoers, and the promoters which work hard to get a club going each week and day to what? Get the club emplyees their salary!!!

So in that sense, it's sad, but this is definitely another club with it's karma which will probaly not last, not because it's a bad club, but because people like this door-manager forgot who makes his salary possible, and treat people like dirt, just because they didn't like your style, or color or whatsoever!

For me, I was okay I guess they disserve a public writting about it, and I will do all what is in my Power to revindicate this type of behavior, because we supposed to entertaine people and not moleste them! It's Entertainment Business, not a refusing people business, we're here to get some amusement to the hard working masses to get them some joy in life and not some dictature!

Anway, I will definitely no more return there since without a reason except some untruthful saying of a so called Door Manager controlls the Door!

2412394268_b15f3308ab.jpg

picture taken Ron D *8* Lim - Monday after WMC 08 @ Tantra..."bumpin into people..."

2096069426_6b3c7c81c5.jpg

picture taken in Karu & Y Ultralounge from left to right Yvonne from Twinsoul, Ron D *8* Lim & DJ Lisa M

Ron D *8* Lim "bumpin into people"...

2481861777_f4af26e07b.jpg

picture taken at Karu & Y Ultralounge from left to right, Reese, a friend, Bruce Bayne, a friend, jojoflores, his sister and Ron D *8* Lim. the last "bumin into people..."

damn, dude. sorry to hear that. that's why i rarely go out clubbing anymore. i am 29 years old going on 50 as far as having to wait a long line to get into a club or paying 40 beans to get inside. and not being able tyo sit down. brother i work standing all day so i need my place to take a load off.

i really don't know where they find some of the door staff at some clubs. most of the guys are so arrogant and rude that it makes me ill. and some of the chick doorgirls which are skinnier than pee wee herman from so much partying can be a little insensitive to a guy going to a club alone or with your boys.

i realized that a club is not a place to take your girlfriend. especially if she doesn't drink or smoke like my girl. let's face it brother clubs are for the 18 to 27 age range. we're too old for all that non-sense.

my short list of cool friendly door staff clubs.

1. Shine @ the Shelbourne

2. Club Space

3. Studio A.

To quote the wise words of Walter Sobchak:

"Ah, fuck it, dude! Let's go bowling."

The.Big.Lebowski.1998.jpg

:D

Maybe, that's what you opt for, I'm more, fire this people which have not understood what entertainment is!

But I hear you I just don't like liars, or snobish people in general, because in the end of the day we all go to the toilet and shit, so what's the deal???

damn, dude. sorry to hear that. that's why i rarely go out clubbing anymore. i am 29 years old going on 50 as far as having to wait a long line to get into a club or paying 40 beans to get inside. and not being able tyo sit down. brother i work standing all day so i need my place to take a load off.

i really don't know where they find some of the door staff at some clubs. most of the guys are so arrogant and rude that it makes me ill. and some of the chick doorgirls which are skinnier than pee wee herman from so much partying can be a little insensitive to a guy going to a club alone or with your boys.

i realized that a club is not a place to take your girlfriend. especially if she doesn't drink or smoke like my girl. let's face it brother clubs are for the 18 to 27 age range. we're too old for all that non-sense.

my short list of cool friendly door staff clubs.

1. Shine @ the Shelbourne

2. Club Space

3. Studio A.

Again what has age or non smoker or non drinker to do with having fun?

I remember in europe we have created events which we served specificly water the whole night...amazing success, as well most west coast clubs are none smoker...Karu & Y has actually a nonsmoker policy which is not bad at all,

I mean I got appologies and all from the "higher ranked manager...

But in real fact it's all fuss, because in the same time the same higher ranked person was letting people in from the side...so what fuck...???

It's an ego issue most likely, they can't handle if you're a true trooper, or a true artists or a true genuine person, which has no fear from these kind of Door Person, so they try to test you...but we all know about KARMA! So the Universe will take care of it!

All the people which are respectfull are most likely still in Business, Gerry Kelly, is one of em or even Micheal Ault (former Chaos owner) Or Jonathan Cowan (Shine)

Others which had attitude either are gone soon or later, or eventually they learn on the hard way and you find them somewhere in a Restaurant, or clothing Business for a while or on the street...or in the worst case they close the venue...

And It's important to fight this type of attitude for our future generation, because otherwise it makes no sense to be in

1.the entertainment business

2. Forgetting who is actually bringing money for their payroll

3. It's in the end a so called free country...???

I'm involved in the Music, Club and Entertainment Industry and co-owner and

founder of Power Of Love Productions LLC

Yes I deejay for over 30 years...and my styles go from funk to soul, from disco to house

and from world to deeptec, scouse house to afrobeat... :)

I know Jonathan Cowan the Owner and (DJ) very well great Guy by the way!

And Anthony Pappa definitely a great selector and DJ! But

I will be playing myself at OBC (out of the blue cafe) and after work event

"ALIVE AFTER FIVE!" along David Solero from Good Peoples Entertainment, from 5- 11pm

Maybe you'll swing by first and come check the vibe and the sultry sounds!

Check next new thread, from me...

Until soon

Always love, always no matter what!

no phillip his name was fabrizio "five o'clock shadow", alan t "gay man", or biznardo......lol

Maybe so... but Alan T ALWAYS takes care of his friends at the door. I have NEVER had any complaints and he has always treated me well with minimal drama, regardless of venue.

What he does on his own time is his own business. As far as a doorman personality, I think he's the best in the business down here. :D