Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Clubbing Vegas style??? Where???

I'm going to be in Vegas X-mas day, and two days afterward...what's a good club to go to either on a monday or tuesday that spins house, trance, drum & bass...any of these (no hip-hop, please). I've heard of Baby's...is this a fun place with all my (demanding) musical prerequisites?

Thanks in advance!!! cwm12.gif

--djfrost

We go to Vegas at least once a month, heres the scoop-

Tuesdays - Studio 54 (all the locals go here, great place to make connects)

Fri & Sat - Baby's in my opinion, is the place right now. Great vibe, good dj's. Then again I'm biased, cause we never have to wait, always get in free, and sometimes Steph will give us a booth for free (much love to her!). Just head to the main room, the front room is hip-hop. Make sure to give some love to Big Al from TS, this will go along way.

Utopia is not bad. Its currenly at The Drink, but I hear they are reopening the newly renovated right before NYE. It should be tight.

Afterhours....nothing right now. FUCK Drai's! We have a Platinum VIP card that we paid big $'s for, and they still make us wait for 45 minutes. Big ego's, bad attitudes. Spearmint Rino is OK, had a big E bust recently so things are kinda slow.

Occasionally there are some great "underground" parties, some of these are better then clubs. Just PM me before you go, and I'll fill you in. cwm35.gif

Hey Plunky where U from?

Anyways I only go there from FRI-MON most of the time (once a month)....

But its all about planning your evening....You probably waited to get into Dreis cause you left Baby's at 4 AM when they closed (not dissin you, just what I think happened with you), and most of the clubs close around that time, so where do they go, Drei's, SRO, Rhino's. So if you leave at closing time then hell yeah, in fact youll be lucky to get in at all there. But leave Baby's around 2 PM or so, maybe 2:30 at the latest (still pushing it though), then you should be able to get into Dreis' and SRO at minimal wait time....Forget Rhino's that place is lowwww class trash....And you can get in with minimal wait because it sucks....Why do you think SRO and Drei's have such long lines, cause thats the spot...They pump there music, and everyone in there is good looking, so you have that nice vibe going all night.....I do agree, the attitude there can get a bit bad sometimes at Drei's, but only a little compared to some other places...SRO is a little more laid back, but they really push out the progressive and hard house there, and its tough to get a place to sit if you get there after 3 AM....

My suggestion....Go to Baby's (I would prefer Utopia, but its not the same when they carry it at the Drink), but they are reopening on DEC 30, so after that day, scratch out Baby's and go to Utopia, but you mentioned after XMAS, so Id hit up Baby's until around 2 PM, and then hit up either SRO or Drei's....SRO is better for dancing Drie's is better for the meeting of people (its a restaurant in the day, so its plush inside).....Let me know if you need anything else, there are many other smaller clubs that have smaller crowds if you dont want a place to be packed but pumps out good beats.....Have fun though...I just got back last night....Ohhhh tired 3 hrs sleep in 3 nights....cant wait to get home and sleep my ass off.......

BlackJack

hey djfrostcali,

i'm going to vegas during the same time frame. Gonna see Sasha and Digweed tonight!

Anyways, I thought about rollin in Vegas, but I'm flying there with my parents and probably wouldnt invite them to roll. Let me know if you're interested in meeting up.

I'm heading back to Vegas tonight to visit the family for the holidays and was hopping to hit a club next Friday night. Does anyone have any recommendations for 12/29?

------------------

Work like you don't need the money,

Love like you have never been hurt,

Dance like nobody is watching.