Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Gavin Hardkiss - New Release On EIGHT-TRACKS

q-burnsam

I'm psyched that I was able to snag one of my longtime friends & influences, Gavin Hardkiss, and get him to record an EP for our EIGHT-TRACKS label. The pre-release just came out this week via Beatport and the general release won't be until mid-October. I think these tracks are sick! So, yeah, I'm excited and want to let folks know about it ... I've pasted the press release below which contains audio samples. Check it out and let me know what you think ...

-----

Gavin Hardkiss

The Knight Of The Hawke Fields EP (EIGHT-TRACKS 8TR-801)

Out now on Beatport

Legendary San Francisco DJ/producer Gavin Hardkiss unleashes three original psychedelic house stompers for his debut release on EIGHT-TRACKS. If sleek, techy and funky are adjectives you savor then look no further than The Knight Of The Hawke Fields.

Preview the tracks here:

1. Fields Of No Name

2. Can I Borrow Your Cane

3. Necrotone

You can also listen to the full EP in the player on the EIGHT-TRACKS MySpace page, Fairtilizer page, and Soundcloud page.

Gavin is well known as Hawke, the artist responsible for the classic single 3 Nudes In A Purple Garden, contributions to the Hardkiss compilation Delusions Of Grandeur, and three albums including the critically acclaimed Love Won Another. However, this is his first release as Gavin Hardkiss. A re-relocation to San Francisco has inspired Gavin to embrace his roots in floor-friendly psychedelic dance music. It's a new era, a new chapter, and an inspired update to the familiar Hardkiss sound ... and thus Gavin Hardkiss is on the scene.

Three original, blistering tech-house cuts make up The Knight Of The Hawke Fields led by the brilliant "Fields Of No Name" which sounds like a sleek night flight across the San Francisco skyline. The funky magic continues with the sublime statements "Can I Borrow Your Cane" and "Necrotone", further building on Gavin's unique electronic sound. The EP is already getting club play from a diverse crop of DJs which includes Murray Richardson, Nikola Baytala, Sasha, Sandy Rivera, Makossa & Megablast, Hernan Cattaneo, Tyler Stadius, Chris Harris, and Jay West.

Gavin Hardkiss - The Knight Of The Hawke Fields EP is available right now, digitally from Beatport. Click HERE to go to the release page. (It will become available at other digital shops in mid-October)

Click HERE to read a new interview with Gavin Hardkiss where he discusses The Knight Of The Hawke Fields.

2880488244_71ec1f3367_m.jpg

Upcoming from EIGHT-TRACKS: Releases by Tres Gueros, Brett Johnson, and Audio Totem Pole.

www.EIGHT-TRACKS.com

www.myspace.com/eighttracks