Clubplanet Nightlife Community

weyes' wisdom of the day - 10/20/08

weyes

halloween is fast approaching, and, even though halloween is my absolute favorite holiday, having had to drop another $650 on my car the other day has made me reevaluate my expenditures.

i was totally stoked about my costume idea but had been having tons of trouble finding 3 of its essential components. i was also learning that, even if i did find 2 of them, they'd cost about 3-4 times what i thought they would. halloween was something i'd have to cut out altogether, i figured.

but my roommate pointed out that there must be something else i could do that's cheaper. "there must be something in your closet," she said, "that you could throw together."

i was reminded of a last-minute costume an ex-co-worker made one year: she wore a huge felt letter "p" on her shirt and put black face paint all around one of her eyes. "i'm a black-eyed 'p,'" she said, and, cheesy as it was, it was at least more creative than most of the costumes i saw that year.

so i have an idea. it's not nearly as awesome as the costume i had in mind, but it'll do. and at least this way i can still go to a halloween party instead of sitting home, feeling sorry for my broke ass.

tune in tomorrow.