Clubplanet Nightlife Community

weyes' wisdom of the day - 11/11/08

weyes

sometimes one can get so used to a lifestyle of temporary fixes and makeshift repairs (jury rigging) that s/he doesn't even realize that his/her life has become a mess of glue and string. it can require the perspective of an outsider to bring him/her back to reality. it's a good idea to generally be open to other people's perspectives in all areas of one's life, but i write about the material today because someone brought it to mind.

instead of looking for new shoes, someone i know sought new duct tape to fix her ripped and already very duct taped sneakers. she seemed attached to both the shells of what used to be sneakers and the tape. why get new shoes when a new layer of tape will do, for a week or two :shaky: ? i suggested new sneakers and she recoiled in horror, not 'cause she couldn't afford them, but because they seemed so unnecessary to her. to any sensible person, however, the scraps of rubber falling off her feet were no longer functional as footwear.

taking a step back and an objective look at things would do us all (and our feet, in this case) some good :aright: .

tune in tomorrow.