Clubplanet Nightlife Community

weyes' wisdom of the day - 11/20/08

weyes

o my WORD, i am just drained these days... between the smoke in my area last weekend, my secular choir's performance and now extra rehearsals for our next gig, trying to find a place with decent glasses to replace mine that are broken (haven't succeeded in that yet) and shopping and preparing for my thanksgiving trip to arizona (including the grand canyon!), i have been feeling totally overwhelmed.

i stopped talking to a friend of mine a couple of months ago 'cause i couldn't deal with her crap anymore; one thing i can't stand is people who have the presence of mind to identify what's wrong with them and/or what's wrong with their lives, yet consciously decide to do nothing about it. ignoring the problems she has in the professional, scholastic, family, social, and financial areas in her life, this girl also has serious emotional and mental issues. while she had acknowledged them at one time, she has chosen for the last couple of years to ignore some, deny others, and wallow in the rest. a while back she decided to address just her depression, took medication for it and felt better, but found that feeling good didn't feel normal to her, so she stopped taking it. even though that's common, it's irrational and self-destructive, and i find it infuriating in people i know and care about. so i had to cut myself off from her.

this girl texted me on monday while i was at work, another habit of hers that always annoyed me. now i realize that this is the second friendship of mine i've written about in this column in the past year and a half that's ended in a sad way, but my point is that, even in the ending of a friendship, there is a great opportunity for many lessons to be learned and standards for one to raise for him/herself. a friendship can't work if there isn't mutual respect, of course, but in this case it's worse: if both parties don't respect themselves, there's absolutely no hope whatsoever :( .

tune in tomorrow (i really will try.).