Clubplanet Nightlife Community

South America anyone?

I've been clubbing in BA. It is totally different, but a lot of fun. Things start really late and end early in the morning. Everybody goes out it is part of the life style. It is weird at first because they play so much national music, but after you get to know the music it is a blast.

You're right about BA. Caracas is very different too, but fun -- In Venezuela go to Isla Margarita (woody's and Daddy's).

Bogota, never been there but I heard it is good place to party and the best looking women in SA but it is a very dangerous place!

Santiago, forget it. Most boring place I've ever been to in South America.

Best Place, Brazil: Rio (Club Base, don't go to help!), Sao Paulo (try Donna) and Manaus (surprisingly a crazy place to party in the middle of the amazon).

I must sound like the lonely planet, but don't ask me about sightseeing, only clubs!

------------------

dj.gif

[This message has been edited by panchodeejay (edited 11-14-2000).]

• 4 months later...

Rio is renowed for being crap for clubbing, and frankly, it is. Go to Rio for the beaches, come to Sao Paulo for the nightlife. If you're stuck in Rio for some reason, BASE can be ok if you're lucky, more consistent is Bunker 94, though the crowd in both places can be pretty lame. Watch out at Bunker 94 though, sometimes they'll throw in a Madonna night that's bad enough to make a strong man weep.

In Sao Paulo, go straight to Lov.e in Vila Olimpia on Fri and Sat nights after 2am. At 6am head to Manga Rosa in Itaim or A Loca in the city Center if you're ready for the heavy. Another good choice for the sound is Stereo in Barra Funda. Most other clubs you'll find will have decent music but a pretty boring crowd that ain't there to dance. Go to http://www.guiasp.com.br or http;//obaoba.com.br and get one of your brasilian friends to translate.

have fun...

• 3 weeks later...

it's been a while since the posting above and I've visited and revisited quite a few more places since them,

Buenos Aires, is #1, no doubt - and pacha the best club. Can't wait to see danny tenaglia this w/e

Colombia is good, decent music music and clubs and beautiful women - good cooo..ffee too!!

Santiago, sorry Chileans, but sucks

Caracas can be fun -- but clubs are just ok.

------------------

panchodeejay.jpg