Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Tickets for the whole WMC vs. just Ultra

I would say both are over rated specially ultra. If you've never been; ultra is all ages, outdoors, on patchy grass, like going to a concert venue to see a dj. It just doesn't have the same feel the clubs or poolside parties have. Besides most of the djs on ultra spin at other venues at other times. Unless you want to see the exclusive Ultra head liner which last year was the Cure. who wants to see a tubby 50 yr old wearing mascara?

As far as the wmc badge, it gives you some access and some discounts and you get to jump in front of some lines, but for the 6th straight year. I haven't gotten one and really haven't missed anything by not getting it. Remember most times the guys getting badges are industry peeps and djs but even then not many blockbluster deals are made. Most of the wmc badges are business expenses so it isn't really out of pocket buys.

good luck

• 4 weeks later...

i saw last year on facebook, also Pete Tong's myspace that has a package for all the pool parties from Tues - Friday it seems like the best deal. I dont care much for Ultra, just go to the clubs. Make sure u get those in advance. Go early too, sometimes tickets dont guarantee u entry cuz those pool parties and clubs get packed so fast. I managed to buy tickets from random people i met there lol

The badge will give u access to ULTRA. Ive been to WMC 2 years in a row now and didnt go to Ultra i like the club feel better but if u want to go to ULtra get the badge

• 2 weeks later...

if you are a hardcore party goer, do it all till you drop.

IMO; the hotel parties are the best since most of then are thrown by DJ's and their labels (Shore Club, Delano, etc..) Each of these parties are unique more catered to a specific click and for the specific EDM groups.

Clubs like Space basically stays open for days with most big headliner DJ's in town.

To each their own. I can not comment on Ultra since I haven't been there is years. But yeah WMC badge will get you around easy.

Its all in what your real interest is with the conference. Some are all about the music, some for the entertainment, some to be seen and others to just get lost in the sea of energy.

imo - but what do I really know :)

• 1 month later...

It seems people are spending an obscene amount of money these days. It used to be that the cost of a WMC badge could not be justified if you were just going to the parties. But now, I think it is a great alternative. Hang out, get a chance to schmooze with some of your heroes, and maybe even learn something about the business. And in addition to that, have access to a bunch of parties, including UMF. It's becoming a a hard deal to beat.

But those who do, should just decide to attend the WMC parties. Trust me. There's plenty of talent to be experienced and plenty of parties to attend. But, if you feel the need to follow the crowd, then go ahead.