Clubplanet Nightlife Community

kuala lampur / asia

Hey all,

I'm about to head to Malysia this week and heard there were some pretty cool clubs there, in particular, movement. anybody been. any other suggestions for Malaysia or SE Asia in general? seems like there's a party going on pretty much anywhere.

DM

------------------

DM

foto_nova_lahev.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't been to KL in a while, but when i was living in Singapore the scene in KL was ok, but not better than that. Check out Backdoor, though I forget where that is now! There used to be a good club BEHIND the Hard Rock...might be a good place to go ask. Raves are still popular there.

Believe it or not, one of the better club scenes in Asia is in Singapore - check out Zouk/Velvet Underground/Phuture (all in the same building). Caution: heavy-duty penalties for drugs in Spore and KL, so BE CAREFUL, but at the same time don't be paranoid. The best parties are held off-island on small Indonesian islands. Ask around, meet people.

One good place to go to meet some people and find out what going on is the Liquid Room on Jalan Mohammed Sultan...also check out Knox on the same road and a bunch of other little clubs there.

The best club you'll find in Asia is in Jakarta - a cheap flight from KL to JKT is worth the cost if you're jonesing for some club time. It's called Stadium, it's huge, the sound is amazing, and goes non-stop from Frid night to Mon morn (last time I was there). The place is surreal. Go to JJs or Tanamur first for shits and giggles, and then head to Stadium. But watch out, you might be there all weekend. Don't worry about local rioting, it's always happening, but you'll be safe.

good luck.

------------------

"I'd rather be sorry for something I did than for something I didn't do"