Clubplanet Nightlife Community

top 10 choonz of the week dedicated to a year full of techno and house hits

mrmovement33

this year has proven one thing. techno is not only the present but the future of dance muzik. with labels like traum, minus, get physical, ovum, pokerflat, dial, sender, dessous, and many others coming out with brilliant teleases and producing great moments on dancefloors worldwide.

1. false "walled"

2. anthony collins "i wanna give" (babies from gong mix/dub-vox) (a timeless classic given a techno re-work)

3. dhs "house of god" (martin landsky mix) (a timeless classic given a techno re-work)

4. anton pieete "i do not want"

5. booka shade "sweet lies" (patrice baumel mix)

6. gaiser "trunkated/face down/tangent"

7. paul ritch "walk the line"

8. the hacker "falling"

9. mac neumann "sahara"

10. oliver hacke "flying shark"

a mix of techno, electro, house, acid, and some minimal presents under the tree to end this year of fine muzik making.

if this sh*t is this crazy this year imagine the choonz for 2009.

techno is techno! for technoheads by technoheads.

I see a few techno party's within the last 2 months are there are a bit weak in support. Last one I saw was TechnoBox crew and I heard it was weak. Their head liner was at 3am and people didn't show till after that... really late crowd.

I'll stick to Matt Darey's mixes of everything edm. Progressive, house, tribe, electro and chill vibe. I can't just get hooked on one style of sound. they all have their unique tones. Most people can't tell the diffrence between most EDM's ... if the sound carries you move with it.

technoviking is coming for you... lol

http://www.break.com/index/techno-viking-with-captions.html

nice track in the background, drum line

Edited by nexusgroove

i strongly agree. unfortunately and especially here in the states most if not all techno based parties turn out to be sausage fests. and that sux!!!!!

and i also agree that not just techno reigns in my computer, i-pod, or vehicle. i also love minimal, acid, electro, tech-house, house, and yes even progressive.

I am noticing more young south American influence in that movement, at least down here in Miami. They are the ones that are trying these techno only parties. Just don't see their scene as well connected. Headliner at 3am and people show up at 4am.. let me ask you something.. how would you rather attend a techno party at? I nightclub or some warehouse custom design for that event?? Like the rave era where we grabbed warehouses and turned them into bad ass venues with full production for a one time party.. what's your pick? we're talking Techno headliners.

i could be talking out of my ass..... lol

but whatever I hold a dicey position in the biz.

I don't think Miami is ready for techno's return, they are being fed commercial crap. Look at another young crew that does GLOW party, its more trancey, electro, progressive mixing gathering most of the old and new kind of raverish party. They bank. and its a tour so ... that would say what people are looking for..

it's been just about one year now since i haven't gone out dancing. and yea i miss it. some people may call me crazy but i love the main rooms at space and @ shine @ the shelbourne. i guess since oscar g is a legend in dance music and we are so blessed to have him here in miami. not to mention shine which is a smaller venue. but it's classy and lots of women.

so i guess the whole wearhouse thing is not my cup of tea. but i do respect those parties.

i also agree with you 100% as far as trancey, progressive, and breaks are more main-stream.....but techno is lil bit more underground to the peeps.

i also agree that an ALL NIGHT LONG TECHNO PARTY is a bit too much. but i enjoy the mixing of the genres. i also enjoy a dj/producer who BUILDS HIS/HER SETS!!!!

maybe one day (wmc2009) a lil bit of a techno hostile takeover is coming from OVERSEAS but, with a mixture of all other genres as well.