Clubplanet Nightlife Community

moscow-clubbing?

Wow,

Moscow sounds like extreme clubbing. I take it you'll be in Russia this summer so you'll do a more thorough research than I would. Let me know if you hear anything interesting or when you come back.

Have a good one!

------------------

Funck me up with entertainment!

Wow,

Moscow sounds like extreme clubbing. I take it you'll be in Russia this summer so you'll do a more thorough research than I would. Let me know if you hear anything interesting or when you come back.

Have a good one!

------------------

Funck me up with entertainment!

• 3 weeks later...

thanks for ya replies... at this moment i'm in moscow.. but couldn't find any really cool clubs... they even don't know how to make music with vinyls... fuck... but stay here some days longer.. and will check out this magazine... cheers...:blown: :blown: :confused:

Fuck man

I finally decided a couple days ago to spend my vacations in Moscow. You better find some good party over there or else I'm fucked!!!

Are you gonna check-out St-Petersburgh?

Anyway, let me know about your little discoveries.

Hope you'r still havin' a good time in Russia.

Good luck and see ya

Hey... the thing about Moscow is that you wont find out about the cool clubs. AS soon as people know about clubs there they are not cool anymore... but from what i can tell you...

Zepellin: It's located in a back of an osobnyak (like count's or princes house), and there is no way you will see it from outside. It is one of the hottest there now. But the face control is pretty strict, you can only get in if you are very good looking or if you are known. It's kind of like Bungalow 8 only without the keys... make sure you are very well dressed. You'll see it's amazing inside. THe VIP rooms are hot!

Justo: It's a sushi place by day but it turns club by night. It usually has pretty good djs... but once again, you wont see it from the outside. It's right across from Tretyakovka if you know where that is. It's just a door and a bouncer outside... but once you come in... wow.........but once again, strict face control.

XIII... great place, huge place, wild place!!! It's a pretty famous place though, so you probably were there by now....

Anyway i am gonna come there the 15th and see what else is up... but have fun.

Natasha

back in zurich,

finally, i've to say... better drink just vodka and don't go clubbing in moscow... (even in uzbekistan were better parties!) may be i had insufficient time, but what i saw was really uncool... just huge russian-guys in vodka-trance... and the sound..? awful... russian-techno without any style..:puke: ...

fortunately, i alredy gave me my clubbing-dose here in zurich...

cheers mates!:roll:

hey Stef you should to Geneva this weekend for the "Fete de Geneve". i was there a couple of years ago and it was amazing, 250,000 people partying until the wee hours of the morning form Thursday to Sunday night.

of course i go to the lake parade to geneva... i even have a space on a lovemobile.... did you hear from streetparade in zurich?? this event is one weekend later, bigger and isn't as commercial as the lake-parade in geneva... anyways... i'll join both of them...

cheers mate!:spin:

• 3 months later...

Moscow clubs can be SO fickle--here one minute, gone the next.....I have been going to Moscow for almost 13 years, so I have seen the scene from the beginning.

One thing to remember: most high-stle clubs (unfortunately) have a high "flathead" factor (if you have to ask what a flathead is, you don't belong in Moscow---period) plus a high number of "working girls" (not the Melanie Griffith kind!!). BUT, if you don't bother them, they don't bother you. Flatheads can be recognised by the "uniform": black leather jacket down to the hips and dark pants.

Someone mentioned Club XII--good, from what I hear. 4 Rooms (depending on whom you talk to) either is in or out, no one really knows their status (this is the club where Christy Turlington scrawled her name on the wall).

I hear Manhattan (formerly Manhattan Express) is making a comeback----the owners have completely redone the inside, remodeled the restaurant (which had a very good menu last time I was there) and re-did the interior of the club. Manhattan is located on the corner of the Rossiya Hotel, right off Red Square.

Moscow is definitely a clubbing city----if you love the "velvet rope" scene as much as I do, you will be welcome.

Happy clubbing!!!