Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Madrid & Ibiza, July .. anyone ?

I was just wondering if anyone on the board might be in the Madrid, Spain area during the week of July 7-17..... I'm planning an alomst solo trip, and it would be cool if anyone out there wanted to see the sites with me , since I've never been..

I'm visiting my sis who will be ther, but she'll be in class, and isn't right in Madrid.. we'll then be going to Ibiza for the end part of the weekend....

Suggestion, ways to meet up with other young travelers ?

------------------

AIM: blondymu

clubnyc.jpg

cool!

I'll be in Spain from July 1 to July 16. I'll spend a few days with my family in the north of Spain -- not sure if i'll spend 1-2 day in madrid but i'm be in ibiza from july 5-16. These are plans:

july 5 -- cream@amnesia (Timo Maas, Sander Kleninenberg , John Kelly

Hernan Cattaneo)

6- ministry at pancha / xtravaganza@privilege

7-ministry@space

8-space (22h)

mon-Manumission@privilege

tue-perfecto@pacha

wed-reianasance@privilege (sister bliss, sander Kleninenberg..)

thurs- cream

fri-ministry

sat-space/eldivino

sun-space

If you can keep up with me send me an email to panchodeejay@yahoo.com and we can meet up

i'm going by myself too but i'll probably meet some friends there.

cwm32.gifcwm32.gifcwm32.gifcwm32.gif

my first post on this board... usually i'm on ny

i'll be in ibiza from july 25-august 1, then amsterdam from aug 1 - aug 8....

then i'm going to check myself into detox and sleep for a year smile.gif

if anyone is going to be around that time, let me know and we'll hang out!

peaz,

rob

oh yeah blondy - i saw you went to rutgers... so did i!

its nice to know that people from there aren't all tied down to abercrombie and nj.

have a great time in spain... you come back right b4 i leave so let me know how everything was!!!!!! smile.gif

hugs,

rob

ps you can catch me on AIM by the same name (dialectics)

Blondy...traveling alone? Best thing you can do. I have always traveled alone and been to several countries for five years now. All I have to say is that you will have the opportunity to make world wide friends whilst doing whatever you want to do. All you have to do is stay at a hostel and ask the person where they are from and you have a new buddy.

Being alone gives you the flexibility to choose from whom you want to shop, club, hang or date with. Been doing it for a long time so I know what I am talking about. I have been as far as ASia alone and all the coolest people I have met travel alone and we all hang out when we meet. Of course you will meet people in groups but I usually avoid them as too many people get complicated when not all want to do the same thing you want to do.

If you are afraid of being alone if it's a your first trip as it's normal...have a look at lonelyplanet.com and schedule some meet ups. Also if you have the dough...buy yourself a worldphone with a European number so that people can contact you when they arrive. This is what I did on my last trip in Spain about two weeks ago...best thing I could ever do! Everyone called me and checked where I was and later joined me.

Trust me...you will be glad you went alone...you will make long time friends and make sure you stay in touch...it's the beauty of traveling.

As I encourage and inspire women to travel alone...please email me in any part of your trip with any questions...I would be glad to help you along the way.

Been to all the places you are going several times so I can help.

Lots of luck!

------------------

Still Dancing...Ibiza Girl!!!!

blondy,

have you ever heard the legends of doggie heaven? that's what amsterdam is like.

- just about every vice in amsterdam is legal. while i did not sample the women in the windows, i did partake in much of the legal spliff. we were in the marijuana college and they had a vaporizer - I had asked if i could use it. once they said yes, i proceeded to pack it. the lady there said "no don't do that, you can smoke some from our private garden". suffice it to say I was a happy rob smile.gif

- the streets are fukkin confusing! first of all, you can't hold the map straight if you want to actually walk straight. Each street name has like 25 letters in it, and they all look like they should be englis, and they all sound like they should be english, but they're not english! Next, you know the way in new york, if you are walking on a street and you keep walking in the same direction, you're still on the same street? it doesn't work that way in amsterdam. then add the fact that you've been smoking since breakfast and the houses are dancing, smiling and putting on a show for you, suffice it to say half of the pictures i have from last year are of my or my friend steph looking at the map completely confused.

- the techno in amsterdam in amazing. last year we went to this party called dance valley (www.dancevalley.nl) which is the first saturday in august. there were 12 stages with an incredible lineup - carl cox, paul oakenfold, artful dodger, dj rap, lucien foort, danny howells, richie hawtin, jim masters, dave angel, darren emerson, jurgen (better off alone) and the list goes on and on. but the best part about it was the vibe - 50-75,000 people from all over the world (we met people who flew in from croatia just for the party). the people were mostly in their mid-late 20's (no little cracked out kiddies passing out in the middle of the dancefloor). they had a plane fly overhead and drop flowers on the crowd, the party was in the hills so you could walk between them to get from stage to stage. once, we were walking across the hill and there was this sad lookin guy sitting over there - he asked if we had any rolling papers - i said "no, but i have this joint" so we all smoked out, and he was so happy that he grabbed a handful of the most beautiful herb i have ever seen in my life and just gave it to me. my friend steph bought a necklace because, as she says "it was so shiny and the lady was so nice to me".

- aside from the bounty of weed, there is much to do in amsterdam. the rijksmuseum is one of the greatest houses of art i have ever been in. there are lots of tourist traps which we fell for last year (though are now much better equipped to avoid them now that we can actually read the map) but those were fun anyway. the locals are always ready to show you around the city they are very proud of.

- there was a whole bunch of stuff that happened, which i pretty much pieced together from pictures and notes. between the time i arrived and the time i left, i think there was a dancing monkey.

- a final word of advice: MAKE YOUR HOSTEL RESERVATIONS EARLY. the only place we could get was outside of the main city - all we had to do to get there was take a train and then a bus. simple instructions for two engineering M.S. students - but simple things are difficult when under the influence of amsterdam. we ended up staying on the bus and missing our stop by over an hour. we were dropped off on the side of the road on the middle of god knows where, high out of our minds with only a small shed to keep us company. It wasn't pretty.

haha and i can't believe we're going to do it AGAIN!!!!!!!

Originally posted by dialectics:

blondy,

have you ever heard the legends of doggie heaven? that's what amsterdam is like.

- just about every vice in amsterdam is legal. while i did not sample the women in the windows, i did partake in much of the legal spliff. we were in the marijuana college and they had a vaporizer - I had asked if i could use it. once they said yes, i proceeded to pack it. the lady there said "no don't do that, you can smoke some from our private garden". suffice it to say I was a happy rob smile.gif

- the streets are fukkin confusing! first of all, you can't hold the map straight if you want to actually walk straight. Each street name has like 25 letters in it, and they all look like they should be englis, and they all sound like they should be english, but they're not english! Next, you know the way in new york, if you are walking on a street and you keep walking in the same direction, you're still on the same street? it doesn't work that way in amsterdam. then add the fact that you've been smoking since breakfast and the houses are dancing, smiling and putting on a show for you, suffice it to say half of the pictures i have from last year are of my or my friend steph looking at the map completely confused.

- the techno in amsterdam in amazing. last year we went to this party called dance valley (www.dancevalley.nl) which is the first saturday in august. there were 12 stages with an incredible lineup - carl cox, paul oakenfold, artful dodger, dj rap, lucien foort, danny howells, richie hawtin, jim masters, dave angel, darren emerson, jurgen (better off alone) and the list goes on and on. but the best part about it was the vibe - 50-75,000 people from all over the world (we met people who flew in from croatia just for the party). the people were mostly in their mid-late 20's (no little cracked out kiddies passing out in the middle of the dancefloor). they had a plane fly overhead and drop flowers on the crowd, the party was in the hills so you could walk between them to get from stage to stage. once, we were walking across the hill and there was this sad lookin guy sitting over there - he asked if we had any rolling papers - i said "no, but i have this joint" so we all smoked out, and he was so happy that he grabbed a handful of the most beautiful herb i have ever seen in my life and just gave it to me. my friend steph bought a necklace because, as she says "it was so shiny and the lady was so nice to me".

- aside from the bounty of weed, there is much to do in amsterdam. the rijksmuseum is one of the greatest houses of art i have ever been in. there are lots of tourist traps which we fell for last year (though are now much better equipped to avoid them now that we can actually read the map) but those were fun anyway. the locals are always ready to show you around the city they are very proud of.

- there was a whole bunch of stuff that happened, which i pretty much pieced together from pictures and notes. between the time i arrived and the time i left, i think there was a dancing monkey.

- a final word of advice: MAKE YOUR HOSTEL RESERVATIONS EARLY. the only place we could get was outside of the main city - all we had to do to get there was take a train and then a bus. simple instructions for two engineering M.S. students - but simple things are difficult when under the influence of amsterdam. we ended up staying on the bus and missing our stop by over an hour. we were dropped off on the side of the road on the middle of god knows where, high out of our minds with only a small shed to keep us company. It wasn't pretty.

haha and i can't believe we're going to do it AGAIN!!!!!!!

Nice roundup of Amsterdam! also watch out for the bikes, after a few spliffs they are deadly.

And don't buy anyuthing from the guys in teh streets.

------------------

I want to go out blazing..not fade away.

Trust in the currency of relationships, it's hard to earn but easy to loose - back2basics

b2b6.GIF