Clubplanet Nightlife Community

weyes' wisdom of the day - 1/22/09

weyes

it's such a bummer to find out that a favorite band, dj, singer, or other type of performer has come to town and one has missed it. there are a bunch of great ways these days to keep on top of what's going on, like subscribing to the newsletters of favorite venues and ticketbrokers (such as g.roovetickets (minus the ".")), but the best way is to find an e-mail newsletter specific to the performer him/herself. a lot of artists have lists of their own to which one can subscribe by going on their websites, and other lists are run by fans on fansites. if neither exists, it's worth a try to send an e-mail or message to the performer through his/her website or facebook/myspace page; one may be surprised at how many artists will show their fans as much love as their fans show them :heart: .

i'd hereby like to extend thanks to lady sovereign for announcing 1 tiny l.a. show to those on her e-mail list. o, and for 10 bucks :bounce: !!! devotion has its rewards :love: .

tune in tomorrow.

a note to add: one shouldn't expect updates from ticket brokering websites (or even from the artist's mailing list) about re-scheduling...

lady sov had some visa issues and had to reschedule her u.s. tour dates. i didn't get an e-mail about it, even though i had already bought a ticket for the date that got cancelled :woah: ! the show was set for tomorrow and i still haven't gotten an e-mail about it. i would've shown up at the venue tomorrow, had it not been for my brother, who cruised sov's myspace page the other evening, where an announcement was posted. i double-checked on the venue's website, and everything seems to add up. lucky for me, no funny (or not-so-funny, really) business went down; they took care of everything and my ticket will be honored on the new date, which is just a week from the original. just delaying it exactly a week is also pretty cool; same day of the week is awesome.

more on the gig in another thread :aright: .