Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Where can I get good House music on CD in NYC?

You can check out Satellite Records...they have a lot of cd's in addition to records. Also, if you like underground house, you should check out the Exit CD. Exit 2000 is sooo good. I think I got it at some cd store in Bayside, Queens...on Francis Lewis Blvd. I think it's called Bulldog or something. I'm not sure where else you can get it.

------------------

Usually I go to Mondo Music in Rutherford, NJ, but they usually don't have "underground" house music.

I would like to find some places in Manhattan that have this type of music on CD, alot of times the DJ stores have mostly vinyl.

Any music store names would be very helpful.

Thanks,

India

------------------

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I find the CD's I like best are the one's you can listen to before hand. With that in mind, Satellite [bowery St. Manhattan] is a good store however, the vendors that sell bootleg CD's on the streets of Canal and Broadway are among my top choices for purchasing CD's. Advantage: easy to haggle prices down to about 5 bucks a CD. Disadvantage: Lack of support for the artist.

I'm kind've new at this...the only thing i can tell you if you like....i personaly make them....i've been a dj for over 10 years i've played in club venues in florida and some small clubs here in ny....i get promos on a regular basis and i try to keep current with my music....all cd are made to order so you can actually tell me what you want to here providing the availablity of the songs they can mixed. my fees are pretty cheap providing that i do this as hobby and for the love of dance music...if interested let me know you can e-mail me at:

suave6565@aol.com