Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Turntable Questions!

apphillers

Aight I have been in the club scene for a little bit(3-4 years), and I fucking love house and trance, I decided that a totally worthwhile hobby .......... scratch that.......... that MY TRUE CALLING is to be a DJ. cwm20.gif

I think starting out with a pair of Technics 1200's is a little too ridiculous ($1000 / pair online, new...too hard to find good used stuff)

so I'm thinking the Stanton STR8-60's. Direct drive, not as good as their new STR8-80's, but definitely seems good. They go for about $230/each online new.

Stanton sells a box set with a pair of these and their SK-five mixer with some headphones, some notebooks, cleaner, etc for about $600. I figured this was a good deal.

What do you guys think? I dont know how much scratching I want to do but I definitely love rave/trance/progressive house type stuff.

thanks

phil

don't buy anything but a technics 1200...you will thank yourself in the end. they're worth the money...i own 4 (thinking of selling 2 of them), you can play football with them...they'll last through anything. and...if you take good care of them, you can sell them for a lot of money as new ones keep going up in price. hit me with a pm if you're intersted in buying 2 or email me at djsuhel@aol.com.

------------------

Not everybody understands house music. It's a spiritual thing...

Suhel is right....You're better off being patient and getting 12's, they're the only real tables out there. Everything else is just short. The extra money is well spent as Techs are an investment, they don't lose value easy. If your spinning house and trance, you shouldn't be too worried about scratching....leave that for the hip-hoppers....Peace.

Mikey