Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Oakenfold - Ascension "Someone like you"

cska22

ok watsup with the next Oakenfold US tour? anyone know about that? i saw the Roseland Perfecto show, UNBELIEVABLE!!! Oakey is GOD. the best dj ever... if anyone knows of any upcoming shows, please reply, thanx, ps. the ascension song is intense, very deep down energy, pure heaven

• 3 weeks later...

If you listen to some parts of that song very carefully you can hear someone say "ecstasy" really softly. It kinda sounds somewhat like a soft cymbal or some type of percussion. It is actually interchanged with the real percussion throughout the song. Well, you might already know this, but I just wanted to let you know if you didnt. BTW, this is the version on Tranceport.

------------------

I can stop whenever I want.

I somewhat agree with thewedge that Tranceport was a great album and NY Global Underground was unexciting to say the least, but I have had the opportunity to see Oakie live a few times and hear several live sets of his.

Spinning live- I think he is incredible. I don't think there are many DJs that can take control of the crowd on such an intense level as Oakie, I find that his live sets take you on such an emotional roller coaster.

Some of the live sets worth noting (you can prob find on napster or something) are sydney, miami, gatecrasher, china (really good shanghai set) to name a few.

i saw oakenfold in london in august at the turnmills. it was nuts. i had liked his cds for a while but had never seen him live. he lived up to all expectations. right before he went on, the lead-in record was spinnin and you could tell he was coming on. i was right near the booth and he walked right by me. i thought he would be taller but he is damn short. anyways, that set was like a rollercoaster. i was overwhelmed (drugs maybe?)

but that ascension song is great. i like gamemaster better tho