Clubplanet Nightlife Community

WLIR in the Mix

crommy

Was listening last night (Monday), cause every once in a while they play something good, but whoever is DJing cant mix for shit.

He ruined, I mean ruined Doom's Night (Timo Maas mix)

I was yelling at the radio it was so unbelievable. I shut it off and put on Music for the Maasses just to hear how that song should be mixed

(Just wanted to vent and/or see if anyone else was listening)

Not sure who you're referring to. I listened to WLIR the other night and Chris "The Greek" Panaghi was spinning. He did a decent job and he threw some phat tracks down. Earlier in his set he spun some weak lounge shit that I wasn't feeling, but toward the end of his set it wasn't that bad. Then again, I haven't heard him spin very often, only once or twice and what little I've heard has been ok.

Russ Reign cut it up nicely a little while back on WLIR, I enjoyed that show and earlier this last summer, Rob James ripped it up afterhours with his shit.

yep - webcast on wlir.com this sat night is mike macaluso, next sat night is me, after that x dream....

Originally posted by frankie_pep:

Do they webcast their shows?

------------------

Upcoming Gigs:

Weds Nov. 22nd - (Thanksgiving Eve) - Plush, Long Island FREE ADMISSION!

Fri Nov. 24th - Cream, NYC

Sat Nov. 25th - Arena, Albany, NY

www.djrussreign.com

NY METS 2000 NL CHAMPS!

Party 105 is a different station. The only thing that is played on 92.7 and 105.3 (at the same time) is the Island Underground on Sunday night. I prefer the Extreme Groove. Even if DDH did make it sound like it was gonna be JV & Russ live @ the tunnel. Which it never turned out to be. I was so psyched for that show.

[This message has been edited by lowmazda (edited 11-23-2000).]

yeah, that night was supposed to be me and JV live from the Tunnel, but the ISDN line at Tunnel wasn't working properly so we couldn't broadcast it frown.gif

Originally posted by lowmazda:

Party 105 is a different station. The only thing that is played on 92.7 and 105.3 (at the same time) is the Island Underground on Sunday night. I prefer the Extreme Groove. Even if DDH did make it sound like it was gonna be JV & Russ live @ the tunnel. Which it never turned out to be. I was so psyched for that show.

[This message has been edited by lowmazda (edited 11-23-2000).]

------------------

Upcoming Gigs:

Weds Nov. 22nd - (Thanksgiving Eve) - Plush, Long Island FREE ADMISSION!

Fri Nov. 24th - Cream, NYC

Sat Nov. 25th - Arena, Albany, NY

www.djrussreign.com

NY METS 2000 NL CHAMPS!