Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Event: James Zabiela at Avalon Hollywood, Fri, Mar 5 8:00p

clubmaster

laquo;««James Zabiela»»» nbsp; Its a good job vinyl is his only addiction. Still only 22, James Zabiela was introduced to the world of acid house through his father who worked in a local record shop and would come home laden with armfuls of early house and techno. The year?1992. A time of innovation, invention and an endless stream of Guerilla releases. James was hooked instantly. Like father like son? The phrase could've been coined for Zabiela's career. " I was only 12 years old but I can still hear the thumping through my bedroom floor!" smiles James, who for now has purposefully avoided the lure of London by remaining in Southampton. My Dad would come home with armfuls of acid house tracks at the weekends, he recalls. It wasn't until I was 15 years of age, when I was to work in the same record shop, that tracks such as Joey Beltram's 'Energy Flash' & 'Lfo' made sense to me. As soon as they did I was hooked. It wasn't long until he was offered a job at the shop as a vinyl buyer. An understanding of Renaissance and Northern Exposure would soon follow, as would spinning in local haunts. At the time it was just a fun thing to do, he nods. It still is and that's what's important but I do take what I do seriously as well. As far as being inspired by other artists, Sasha and Digweed were the first to open my eyes to a new sound. Lee Burridge & Craig Richards had a similar impact a couple of years ago. I like to be inspired by hearing new music and DJs. nbsp; BEATPORT Player -----------------------