Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Event: SOLD OUT: Skrillex at Mezzanine, Wed, Feb 5 9:00p

clubmaster

with Etnik and Seven Lions For some it is a story of baffling multiples. They struggle to comprehend how thousands of singles sold each day to the tens of thousands crushing into venues every week can be so easily dwarfed by the hundreds of thousands downloading, bootlegging, remixing anduploading for a content hungry global audience that devours petabytes of data while contributing billions of views and listens through platforms like YouTube. Others stumble on the scale and speed of achievement. Perplexed that it is possible for an artist to go from gifting music online to receiving an ovation from his peer group just twenty-four months later as three Grammy Awards are placed in his hands. Some get hung up on the apparent ease and freedom of it all. Bewildered that someone can galvanise and ignite multiple genres of music with songs entirely written, recorded and mixed on a singlelaptop loaded with software and synths available to absolutely anyone with a credit card and internet connection. But for Sonny Moore, someone you may know better as Skrillex, none of this troubles him greatly. The 24-year-old electronic imagineer focuses on little more than the story of community, creativity and commitment that has taken him from warehouse parties in Los Angeles to a defining role in the modern zeitgeist. “To be honest my vibe gets killed the most when I’m concentrating too much on what is around me and thinking too much about it all,†Moore states. “I have the most fun when I let my inhibitions check out, right at that point things just start to happen.â€