Clubplanet Nightlife Community

RITM?

CrzyC1414779017

Guest ddg

they are innovators....the music to me is unreal...along with the show...dark, lots of breaks....they do tons of remixes...monk threw in a remix of inner city life...they also did obe...its more of a total experience for me, maybe bc i like my music sometimes a little "darker"..i really wish bunny would have come out in the 9 foot bunny suit...beady red eyes, and huge fangs...it just goes so well with what monks throws out there...i wish they would have had the chinese dragons too....but they played more songs that i like (unfortunately, not the version of obe i really like) but when monk played the piano at the end was my fav part...i love the piano in dance music..

Guest Lotto

I thought it was a shitty show! Really just because they had some guy running like a mad man on stage and a few sparklers doesnt make a show! The music was really wierd and I just could not get into it! So many people where like " go see RITM " so I did and what a waste of time for me!

Guest LeVeL

Your absolutely right, Rabbit In the Moon is more of show....they put all the psychadelic lights, and Bunny usually is in the front to try to scare the crowd and put them into a frenzy, by blowing out smoke, or by putting on a weird looking suit with mirrors attached to them. Rabbit In The Moon is like Pink Floyd was to rock. Pink Floyd always had one of the best Stage shows out there. Just the thing with Rabbit in the Moon is that their music is very good too. Monk always seems to play breaks,electro, he goes from genre to genre it all depends what kind of stage show they are trying to bring to life.

Guest ddg

there show was not as organized as last year..bunny ran back to monk a couple of times looking confused as to when the set was over...everything got pushed back from earlier....as for them having "sparklers" when the three fire chicks came out and monk threw that ambient track...thats just something different...its more of a show(with good and twisted music to it!! 8)) even if their show was not up to par, the simple fact that they dont get up there and just throw records at you all while trying to get the audience more participated (stage diving) getting up close to the crowd is a good direction for me...its not for everyone ;)

Guest ddg
Just the thing with Rabbit in the Moon is that their music is very good too. Monk always seems to play breaks,electro, he goes from genre to genre it all depends what kind of stage show they are trying to bring to life.

werd...monk switched it up so damn much....hard house, breaks, electro, ambient, and some other genres i couldnt even name..lol diversity...like his set at space the night of pvd.... :o

Guest coach

It seemed to me that this is the kind of show that is best seen indoors and more close up. I realize that they are trying to set a "mood", and I agree with the Pink Floyd comparison, but I just don't think that was a good venue for them. Maybe if they'd been in the amphitheatre.

Guest LeVeL

Exactly...they deserve to be in the Amphitheater where people can see what they are trying to express in their show. Having them play in any other stage is just making their performance not as stand out as it should be.

Guest ddg

bunny couldnt stage dive into the crowd at the amphitheatre :o

wherever they are, if they put them on the stupid vice electro stage next year, i will be there again... ;)

Guest zacashus
But like Rabbit in the Moon their wont be any other.

i gotta say that they were the craziest act i've ever seen.... really crazy... i was frightened afterward... i had nightmares

To be honest I never even paid attention to the music...maybe because it was my first time seeing them and I was being shoved around by a 350lb wildebeast of a woman! :o Maybe if I see them again I will notice the music more but it seemed to me that wasnt the reason they were there...it was more of shock value and lets see how we can trip these people out. Doubt I will see them again though...would have rather caught someone else then the wildebeasts huge elbow in my side and her hand inching near my crotch area!!!

Guest Lotto
To be honest I never even paid attention to the music...maybe because it was my first time seeing them and I was being shoved around by a 350lb wildebeast of a woman! :o Maybe if I see them again I will notice the music more but it seemed to me that wasnt the reason they were there...it was more of shock value and lets see how we can trip these people out. Doubt I will see them again though...would have rather caught someone else then the wildebeasts huge elbow in my side and her hand inching near my crothch area!!!

LOL :D

I thought it was a shitty show!  Really just because they had some guy running like a mad man on stage and a few sparklers doesnt make a show!  The music was really wierd and I just could not get into it!  So many people where like " go see RITM "  so I did and what a waste of time for me!

i totally agree...had to be the biggest let down of Ultra..i didnt feel their show at all...

Guest ddg

you talking about the song ryan f.l.oo.r.i.d.a  ??

or you just love florida....either way...im so happy they played the song...and im happy im in florida... :P

Guest ddg

just slightly off topic..anybody know if they perform anywhere else during the year...their website isnt up to par....do they just do ultra.....where is confucious....that was the 3rd guy before right?? i know he left awhile ago..but what is he doing?

Guest Diabolique
just slightly off topic..anybody know if they perform anywhere else during the year...their website isnt up to par....do they just do ultra.....where is confucious....that was the 3rd guy before right?? i know he left awhile ago..but what is he doing?

lololol!!  first off, guys, monk is no longer part of Rabbit in The Moon. He separated from them over a year ago or more to pursue independent projects.

The fella behind the keyboards, and the Zenlike mastermind behind most of the music is Confucius/aka Dave Christophere.

Bunny has had a hand in some of the newer songs, and continues to have a more prominent role in the music. He sings on Time Bomb and Mindfuck. Bunny is the stage artist, and the face of RITM. Usually he does really cool stuff, like slay a dragon, passes out goodies, like hologram glasses for the lights, plays a theramin, or get the crowds' postive vibes some MORE juice. He has designed and made all his own costumes, some of which are ingenious, i.e. the mirror suit...The last few years I keep saying I'm over it (even amazing experiences get redundant), and only go because my bf is going, & other dear friends are there, and everytime (minus this year) I am highly entertained, and am gratful I decided to go after all. Usually they have something new, and always surprise us with something unexpected.

Please give RITM another chance!

The sound engineering was horrid, they didn't do half of what they normally do, nor did they play some of the really PHAT songs (ie barong, for those who know). They didn't even finish the show like they always do, which is what makes the show. I think the downplayed pyrotechnics/sound had to do with ordinances. Also Bunny has never sang before, that was odd even to diehards. I've been to so many shows I've lost count (14 or so), and that was the first and only show I ever saw that I didn't walk away feeling energized and blissful. The shiva dancers were the only aspect of the show I that really liked.

The best place to find out where the next show is..ask me! or ask around www.Hallucination.com/fans forum or www.rabbitinthemoon.com

next show:

April 17th at the Asylum in SpringField Mass, RITM along with DB and a bunch of other crap DJ's, and more talent TBA... the event includes breaker contests, DJ Battles, and MC battles...

it's 16 yrs old and over, uh-oh...here's the promoter's site:

http://www.netwerkone.com/nw1/index.html

my only beef with ritm, or with Dave, perfectionist bastard, is that they keep saying this album is coming out for like FOUR years. pffft. I'm beginning to think It's not real  ;)

lay off the ganja DAVE ::)

that's all I have to say about that

Guest ddg

oh shit..and all this time i thought it was monk and bunny...how come monk was at space then on friday night in the breaks room....that cant be another monk.......confusing  ???  as for their cd....i wish they would put something out again.....its kinda weird that they were throwing out their remixes vol 2...which came out in 99....

Guest Diabolique
oh shit..and all this time i thought it was monk and bunny...how come monk was at space then on friday night in the breaks room....that cant be another monk.......confusing  ???  as for their cd....i wish they would put something out again.....its kinda weird that they were throwing out their remixes vol 2...which came out in 99....

there is a monk, and he was part of RITM.

if he looks like this, that's him... I do recall him playing there, tho I did not attend...

http://bellsouthpwp.net/k/a/kaligrrl/event_pix/HBC2003/P1020119.jpg

At one time the music was made by Dave and Monk, but in 2002, they officially went separate ways professionally. By 2000, Bunny was starting to become more involved with the production of music. Bunny started out as a fan, and became the stage presence, and eventually more. I speculate that he would like to be a singing frontman, after his stint with the Bowie cover at Ultra. he sang it w/ some other heads in a karaoke bar in NYC on NYE, so I guess he wanted to try it on stage. I wasn't up close enough, and wasn't watching too close..by that time I had kind of lost interest, which was a first for me w/ them.. my friends who did see it thought it was weird. bunny told me he enjoyed himself, so it's all good, I suppose..

monk does a cool hardhouse show, complete with sexy/funky dancers. For hardhouse fans, it's a show worth checking out at least once, and for the boys, he has a naughty blonde dancer named Skandelous who is a yummy, slinky version of Christina Aguilara, but with even more attitude  ;)

Guest LISALOCA

What the Fu@#?? Rabbit in the what??!! Was that like Donnie Darcow or something? (For those who know what movie that is)

If i see that shit while 8) Not good...it wil defintely throw me off!! ;D