Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sasha and Digweed

Guest klit

Guest klit

Wow..............Sasha and Digweed were amazing. By far my set of the conference so far.

I got to Mansion around 1 AM knowing that it might be tough as hell to get in even with the advance tickets I had cause they had warned us that if it gets 2 crowded they may not respect it cause of fire marshals. Well as I get to door notice a crazy long line to the club, but also see a shorter line to the other side for advance tickets. One little dilemma I was having was we came in a group of 5 and only 3 had bought tickets, so I explained that to the lady working the tickets and the bouncer in the front and they got us all inside in no time. Lots of times I know it does not work like that so glad the doorman were cool about it.

Get in the club and make my way to the main room. Packed, packed, packed... S&D had already started so was kinda dissapointed in missing james zabiela's set, but with such great music coming from the duo no way was that going to bug me for long. The sound was good in the main dance floor but its a huge room and as I made my way upstairs where the vip tables/beds were the sound was not that good. Now I ain't no sound technician, but I think it would be a good investment for the mansion group to get that sound system that maze had. Enough about the sound cause I think everybody in the club said fuck it as the music was good enough to make everybody forget about it. I really can't emphasize how good the music was that night, really amazing and the best part was I could not id more then 3 songs the whole night and usually can ID a little more then that but this is the way I like it. They played music I never heard before.

About the club itself the look is great. It really does look like a huge mansion. Love the mirrors, the beds, the lighting as you go up from the main room to upstairs. Best part of the whole mansion concept though is the way the staff is dressed. Damnnnnnnn, that bartender upstairs She looked amazing and they had her dress as a sexy ass maid. Needless to say tons of us just kept ordering beer over and over from her. They had some nice dancers as well on the speakers, sorta like crobar and space do occasionaly which was a nice touch. Overall I really like the look of the place and the staff were all very friendly.

Still nothing in this world is perfect and a couple of complaints from me is fix the ac system and improve the sound system. Other then that no complaints, hopefully the place can attract the type of crowd it had saturday night on a regular basis as it was a really good crowd reminding me of how crobar was the first couple of times I went to it. It was a vip type crowd combined with true music fans that will dress up for a good night out. As far as drink prices, yeah they are a bit expansive but nothing out of the ordinary for clubs on sobe or downtown. Oh one more recommendation, keep booking top notch acts such as sasha and digweed and of course some acts we don't get to see play miami often, would love to see fatboy slim play that room or a live pa from hybrid or infusion there.

THE BEST EVENT AT WMC it was off the hook

nice setup with the 3 projector screen and the lazer was tight and the club looks great the crowd was awsome

Sasha and Digweed played some amazing stuff i was really impress, so if anyone can find the tracklisting for that night i would be so greatful

OH YEA saw Puffy and loon there while i was waiting in line for a hour with advance ticket , but i was glad i waited cause inside was wicked

there was one tune that really stood out for me and i cant stop thinking about it, digweed drop it around like 230 and 3 and on the projector there was a picture of a budda and some temple thing so if any of you who was there knows it hook me up with the name of it

Sasha drop Unkle - in a state and to hear that live makes u hear the full effect of that song, i loved it

Overall i had a great time and also got digweed autograph and picture so that was cool, so if any of u

that couldnt make it, i would be jealous because this was the best event for wmc

Guest siuol_leahcim

what i recognized from digweed:

matthew dekay - symbiosis

rowan blades and chris lake - unknown

schiller - ruhe (humate remix)!!!

what i recognized from sasha:

rouzbeh delvari - inner structure (petter remix)

spooky - belong (not sure which mix (not the one from mmii))

phil kieren - i love you

matthew dekay band - higher thoughts

felix da housecat - cyberwhore

unkle - in a state (sasha remix)

white stripes remix

still almost everything was unknown. digweed was on point. there was one track he played toward the end of his first hour that was dark as hell and had a saxophone on the breakdown. would love to know what the hell that one was :o

the more i look back on that set the more i realize how badass it was

Guest ramon

digweed played 2 derek howell records and sasha played the new unkle record reign rules or something. they were great on satuday night .. shame i missed jigga's opening set :(

that cyberwhore thing is fuckin great .. im no cyberwhore .. im no cyberrrrrwhoooooree .. boooom carnage!

Guest Prophet

We Didn't even Get 2 see Sascha and Digweed..... I'm so pissed >:( >:( We didn't even see them on the list. Damn The Small Print!!!! We were seeing Tiesto and didn't even know eh.... Please god just someone tell me that digweed didn't play heaven scent i know it's old but if he did.... I'm gonna kill myself :'(

Guest JMT

they were listed under the name "The Collective" with 2 other jocks. I dont think Diggers played Heaven Scent, but the general consensus at Ultra was that they were disappointing at best.

At Ultra i admitt it wasnt there best but they sure did make it up at club mansion, 1 hour maybe even less for 2 DJ at ultra i think they just play what they thought was catchy and didnt really build up there set because of time but put them two together and give them a couple of hours i bet anyone would be amaze

Guest ddg

last year they were good...cuz they did the 4 hour set or something..plus, they had fortier opening up for them.....did sasha play unkles "in a state"....love that jam.....lavelle cranks it out on global underground 26....never seen sasha and diggers in a club...but would love to hear heaven scent and the remix they did of enjoy the silence..oldie but goodie

Guest Diabolique

white stripes remix

I wasn't there, but if it was "seven nation army" that would be by Adam Freeland. I love hearing that out on the dancefloor...

Sounds like it was a great party & cool venue, wish I could've gone...

next year!! ;D

Guest djdimaggio
We Didn't even Get 2 see Sascha and Digweed..... I'm so pissed >:( >:( We didn't even see them on the list.  Damn The Small Print!!!!   We were seeing Tiesto and didn't even know eh.... Please god just someone tell me that digweed didn't play heaven scent i know it's old but if he did.... I'm gonna kill myself :'(

[glow=red,2,300]Rope, razor or reticin..chose your path ;D[/glow]

Guest Diabolique

Was this the same boat trip wit Nick Warren?! Man, I wanted to go on that one! :'(

so what are chances of a mere mortal such as myself getting to enjoy one of these parties next year? :D

Guest JMT

2 friends of mine got to go on one of these "yacht tours" out in San Fran last year, with Sasha and Digweed. unreal.

Guest djjoncowan

I wasn't there, but if it was "seven nation army" that would be by Adam Freeland. I love hearing that out on the dancefloor...

Sounds like it was a great party & cool venue, wish I could've gone...

next year!!   ;D

the version they were playing was actually our very own austin leeds mix.. great job austin! ::)

Guest demo909

the version they were playing was actually our very own austin leeds mix.. great job austin! ::)

It was Austin & Ben Grassini actually ;D