Clubplanet Nightlife Community

MOVING TO MIAMI OR FORTLAUDERDALE

Guest angelfallsx

Guest angelfallsx

I AM PLANNING TO MOVE TO FL BY SOMETIME NEXT YEAR WITH MY BF

AS SOON AS THEY TRANSFER HI TO A CIRCUIT CITY IN THAT AREA

I WAS CURIOUS ABOUT IF IT BETTER IF I TRY TO FIND A JOB BEFORE I MOVE THERE OR WHEN I GET THERE

AND WHAT SITES AND NEWPAPERS ARE GOOD TO LOOK FOR APT

THANKS FO RTHE HELP

Guest detour07

Welcome...well almost. I just moved back here recently myself. All mediums of job openings are garbage in my experience but the internet is your best shot (monster, career builder, etc;..). Once you get somewhat of an idea of your moving date, just try to schedule your interviews around that date. I would try that, but unfortunately I ended finding a job after I was here anyway...the economy sucks....good luck.

Guest willnole
THANKS FOR ALL THE INFO GUYS

HEY ALSO WHAT DO THE APARTMENTS START AT OUT THERE

It varies considerably from city to city. What area were you thinking of moving?

Guest coach

We tried getting jobs long distance before we moved out here and it just doesn't work out. Employers want to know that you are here and ready to go immediately. In most cases you are going to need to do a face-to-face interview.

Apartments are about normal for any large, metropolitan area. Certainly not as bad as NYC, but more than Boise, Idaho. If you want to live on the mainland towards the westward side of the area, you can find good apartments in the $600 - $800 range. If you want to live on the beach (really, the only reason for living here, in my opinion) then you are going to pay a lot more for a lot less, just like you'd expect. But, even on the beach, you can get a one bedroom for $900 - $1100 if you look hard enough.