Clubplanet Nightlife Community

This Saturday (Feb 21)?

alli8

Hi everyone -

I'm from Chicago and will be in town this weekend :)

Is there a list anywhere on-line with all the events at each venue for Saturday night? We are only in South Beach for one night so we want to be sure to know our options.

We really like techno but will settle for prog or tech-house. Usually when we're in town we go to Crobar and Space but wouldn't mind trying something different. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Guest lyrik

Friday check out our local boys throw it down proper...

This friday the 20th of FEB: NERVE PRESENTs - THE RETURN OF THE LOCALS!

MATT SPECTOR (DELUX)

Sammy O -(southside)

Charlie SOLANA (southside)

JIMMY T (the man)

Jon COWAN (bliss, nerve, renaissance)

nerve 247 23rd st for list contact sami@nervelounge.com

open bar 10-11:30

or Hit Up Opium Garden for Brian Tappert...see this thred for details...

http://www.cooljunkieforums.com/YaBB.cgi?board=miami;action=display;num=1077034905

thanks for the info! i'll definitely check out privilege - how big is the club? is it new? don't think i remember it.

what kind of music do your locals play? haven't been to nerve yet either and wouldn't mind checking it out :)

Guest lyrik
thanks for the info!  i'll definitely check out privilege - how big is the club?  is it new?  don't think i remember it.

what kind of music do your locals play?  haven't been to nerve yet either and wouldn't mind checking it out :)

Both venues are of the more intimate type with privilige being the smaller of the two. Nerve use to be Lola among other names and I don't remember what privilige use to be. You should check out the club listings section here on cooljunkie.

The resident at Privilige Beto...plays banging techno.....and he actually is really good...but sometimes trys to impress too much with tricks. Privilige's sound system will definitely bang and can sometimes be too much if the wrong person is behind the tables....but it has a nice vibe....very much like the smaller spots in Chicago.

Nerve on that Friday will showcase a mix of locals....Jon Cowan is the resident/owner and he plays a more Bedrock progressive kind of House...if you go watch out for Matt Spector and Jimmy T....2 very talented local boys on a major move.....and thats not hype. They play usually a more NYC style house, but both are very versatile and mix it up between progressive, tech, tribal and just straight up dirty house. This night will likely be pretty full with a great vibe as the locals here really come out to support these boys...they are both very down to earth guys.

Did Privilege perhaps used to be the living room? just a guess...

Also - I looked at the Nerve listing for saturday night - says something about 'weekly party for boys'? since i'm a girl and will be going w/ my boyfriend i'm thinking we probably won't go there. i've been to lola so at least i'm not missing out.

Guest pod

Nerve is a totally different club. Worth a stop in if you ask me...nothing like Lola at all.

Fridays are a house night, Saturdays are a gay night.

Privilege used to be Union Lounge.