Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Space opening night w/ Junior Vasquez???

Guest nickjunkie

Guest pod

Junior is probably one of the biggest names in DJing and dance music production. His style isn't for everyone, even I'm not a huge fan, but Junior has made an undeniable contribution to the dance music industry as a whole. Junior was DJing around the time most of us thought the Fraggle Rock theme song was the best track out there. He's remixed just about every pop artist out there, and a lot of tracks that have a progressive/tech mix have had a JV treatment to make it radio-friendly.

So if he does in fact open the new Space, that will qualify as a "big name" opener. The Sunday party is a circuit party actually, so watch your asses if you go :)

Guest demo909

There is not one big name house DJ in the world who hasn't been influence d in some way by Jr.

Hands down he has done more for the dance music scene in the US then any other DJ.

Yes he may be older now and may have in recent years branded himself as a "Gay" or "circuit" DJ. But the fact still remains he is and always will be an icon.

Anybody who has never heard or scene him play should do so before his career is over.  His music takes you to the edge...throws you over it...and then brings you back.  

This is a chance for  you know it all's out there who are still wet behind the ears to get an education!

Guest sarahcj

He had a lot of loyal fans in the UK also but I think he has only played there once or twice. I heard lot of stories about his marathon sets in NY and how the DJ booth was totally customised for him to do that.

I definitely want to check him out if he is at Space

• 10 months later...
Guest LeVeL

Why is the opening night going to be the on the sunday..doesn't PVD play the 5th @ Space.????

Can someone answer me that question???

Guest bcnjunkie
that would fucking suck ass...i say bring in a big name for the big night.

I hope you were joking ??? Junior (as much as I don't like his sets) is a legend !, how did this 2003 post filter in ?

Guest web_norah

i am SURE Jr would say HELL NO but i'll hang out...the question is.....can he hang out ? you know Jr attracts a very eclectic crowd ::) ....