Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Recommendation for a Fun Time

Guest coach

Guest coach

So, the other night we ended up at a little bar called Blue up on Espanola Way near Crobar because it was the only place nearby that didn't have a cover at 3:30am (as the door guy said very adamantly, "No cover, ever"). We've lived here a year and kept hearing good things about it, but time just slipped away and I never made it. I kind of favor megaclubs, you know. Wow! Did we ever miss out this past year. I know there are a lot of newbies to the forum, so I figured that it was worth another mention. If you have never been there, I think that you will be glad you checked it out. My understanding is that they play electronic music exclusively. The music was good. But, this has got to be the friendliest place that we've ever been. Really, I cannot recommend it highly enough as a nice, relaxing place to go hang out for a bit, or jump up and dance your ass off. And give us a holler if you go, we'll definitely be down to meet there and hang for a while together. Boy, did we have a great time there and I just had to share!

Guest bcnjunkie

Blue, as far as I can remember, has been a good alternative to the mega clubs ! always has a stream of people, hardly ever really empty and good music. It has outlived some of the better known clubs of the past !

Guest coach
Holy crap!  What a coincidence...my friends and I will be going there this Saturday.

Dang! If we were gonna be in town this weekend, we'd probably see you there. I'm definitely going to be hitting it up more often, especially when the megaclubs let me down. Plus, it's a great weekday hangout for when you just want a couple drinks and sit for an hour or so.

And, damn, they do up the drinks good. I hardly drink alcohol at all, not a big fan, but the rum & cokes they made were so good that I had 3 in an hour and a half. And they were much bigger than most places. I could barely get down the stairs.

Dang!  If we were gonna be in town this weekend, we'd probably see you there.  I'm definitely going to be hitting it up more often, especially when the megaclubs let me down.  Plus, it's a great weekday hangout for when you just want a couple drinks and sit for an hour or so.

And, damn, they do up the drinks good.  I hardly drink alcohol at all, not a big fan, but the rum & cokes they made were so good that I had 3 in an hour and a half.  And they were much bigger than most places.  I could barely get down the stairs.

I'm sold!

Mmmmmmmmmmm.....rum & coke......mmmmmmmmmmm