Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Alternative IDM?

Bubbles1414779017

howdy boys an girls. 8)

I wonder if there is a place in Miami that place more experimental IDM. When i go out to swing those hairy legs house and techno is perfect, but before that i like to listen to more nondance music.

For example: Boards of canada, Red Snapper, Two lone swordsmen, mostly of Warp Records.

Anyone know a place, loungelike or something that plays that kind of IDM?

howdy boys an girls. 8)

I wonder if there is a place in Miami that place more experimental IDM. When i go out to swing those hairy legs house and techno is perfect, but before that i like to listen to more nondance music.

For example: Boards of canada, Red Snapper, Two lone swordsmen, mostly of Warp Records.

Anyone know a place, loungelike or something that plays that kind of IDM?

pardon my ignorance, but what the heck is IDM ? and if is not "Dance" music, should "it" still be here ?

Guest pod

IDM = "Intelligent Dance Music"

Kind of a snooty name if you ask me, it implies some sort of superiority complex.

IDM is generally a catchall term for forms of ambient, downtempo, etc...

But you can most readily catch that at I/O Lounge on Fridays, on the occasional Saturday, and special events at SoHo Lounge.

Guest pod

Damn Lainie, and I was just about to ask where I could find Outer Kreblakistanian disco drum n' breaks. Those DJs get no respect, it's all about the Kreblakistanian disco drum n' breaks.

Damn Lainie, and I was just about to ask where I could find Outer Kreblakistanian disco drum n' breaks. Those DJs get no respect, it's all about the Kreblakistanian disco drum n' breaks.

[glow=red,2,300]OMG I love that........that made my night! EXACTLY! We are so having drinks. I will be down by the end of the month.

Let me know if you get the new DJ CACALIQUE it's like a mixture between Radiohead, MORILLO, MICRO and YA MAMA! And you know Ya Mama is DOPE![/glow]

Guest ramon

we've done the occasional idm night at jazid .. and it works .. i'll keep you all updated on our happenings.

idm is great .. m83/telefon tel aviv/etc.

something different and exciting to listen to.

Guest pod

But don't fucking call it IDM ;D

Seriously, the music may be nice and all, but calling it IDM sounds so musically-elitist...it brings images of black-clad latte-sipping types sitting around debating the ins and outs of Sartre and Camus, just so they can sound educated.

Guest bcnjunkie
[glow=red,2,300] ::) must be just as intelligent as the people that coined the phrase. Can we not introduce another sub-genre into the scene before we've dealt with the other 30?

Thanks  ;)

[/glow]

;D ;D ;D