Clubplanet Nightlife Community

TRANCE VS. HOUSE WARS! MUST READ!!

Guest vanbuurenfan

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest pod

Yeah, a reversion to 1999 will suck...unless it's economic-wise...dot coms and all :)

The variety thing is most likely where the whole scene is going...i think you'll see more and more places be experimental...breaks, electro, etc...very soon you will see a consistent breaks night in a major venue ;D

Guest trancemonkey

I'm not saying this to be mean, either, but Miami is a house town:

Mondays:

crobar - Back Door Bamby with house and electro

Blue - various local house DJs

Tuesdays:

Blue - various local house DJs

Nerve - retro, electro and more (it's an eye-candy night)

Wednesdays:

Blue - same

BED - house DJs

Thursdays:

crobar - hip hop and house upstairs

Blue - house

Fridays -

crobar - house, trance once a month

privilege - house

Nerve - house

BED - house

NV - house

Opium - house

Saturdays:

Space - house, guest trance DJs occasionally

crobar - house

Nerve - circuit house

blue - house

Privilege - techno and house

BED - house/hip hop

Sunday

Nerve - house

Blue - house

crobar - circuit house

Exactly what I meant. Do you think it is right for house to dominate Miami and force it into everyone's ears? Get a little diversity PLEASE!!!!!!!! Bring some trance and some house. Not dominate everything with the same type of f*&%^% music!!!!! Bring in some other DJs or local DJs step up and show us what you've got!!!(Preferably trance ;))

;D ;D ;D

Guest pod

I'm not going to say it's wrong. Nightclubs are businesses first, music-places second...house became dominant around here because that's what the paying public dictated...they voted with their wallets...plus, the Beach prides itself on being cutting edge...again, to the paying public, trance is so 1999...it's a very suburban sound. Fruity vocals and frilly synth patches go down well on SW 88th St, but aren't gonna play Beachside... When you have Kendall kids and Broward folk cruising down Washington Avenue in their lowered Hondas blasting "In Search of Sunrise", you know that as a "cutting edge" culture, it's time to move on to something else...and the Beach scene did, picking up on what was going well in Europe, which was progressive house...then it varied to tech and tribal...again, I see it going to a variety of sounds...you'll have the larger clubs having a trance night at best, you'll be lucky to get a weekly fix. As Ishkur puts it..."maybe it'll come back in six years"...but by then, maybe even the hardcore trance kids will have grown up and moved on...seriously, it happens...I was a little pissed off industrial freak when I was 15...thought I'd be touring with Nine Inch Nails when I was older...9 years down the road I think Trent Reznor is a whiny bitch....

Guest trancemonkey

I think it also went down because the beach was gaining this huge pill-popping, blow pop eating, glow stick scene. Also back then, I remember everything you heard in the TV and around Miami was on how pills were taking over the beach and how they had to shut aftrehours because they were catering only to pillpopping people and were a primary site to get and sell them. Because of this, I also think trance received a very bad name and maybe clubs did not want this heat and shut down and decided to change music/scene. Am I wrong? I know that in both music geres you still see it,`but I think it is a lot more low key compared to how it used to be in 99. What do you think? :D

How long have u lived in miami POD about ten minutes.

No wonder u think house is so hip your stuck in the eighties my friend(lowered Hondas gimmie a break) :-/.

u house people always bash trance by says it has this kind and that kind of vocal. Have u ever heard of trance without vocals dummy. stop using that lame ass vocals excuse, because repeating the vocals "this is my house" or "in my house", or "in the beginning there was house overlaped with the same lame ass repetitve looped drum beat just plain sucks.

Fifteen year olds, in South beach clubs, listening to trance. Don't think so POD. Open your eyes, shut your one track mouth and look around, those are grown up who have liked Trance for many years, because it is an ever evolving and appealing sound. sure the sound can be repetative if you pick the world's worst trance producers and only use them as examples.

By the way having lived in Kendall a long time i can tell you that it is 99% hip hop(so bad example my friend, again shut up look around before you speak).

88th st ??? where the hell were u going with that example. is that what u use to do. it must have been lonlely driving up and down kendall by yourself.

Guest trancemonkey

BTW, I really think a lot of people like listening to trance a lot more than you think pod. I think they have just been forcefully deprived or denying it. I recently went to go see Edgar V at Crobar and the majority, if I dare not say all, of the night he was playing trance not house and EVERYONE was having an incredible time. I mean all you have to do is look and read the "Review of Edgar V at Crobar" thread and see that everyone had an incredible time. Just the same incredible time I see CJ people have when DJs like PVD, Tiesto, AVB come to Miami. Pod, do you mean to tell me that the majority of the people at CJ could not "know true DJ talent if someone dropped a pair of 1200s on their head" like you said in my previous thread? Edgar V is a very well known DJ, and if you look at what he played that night, housebitch Saleen could shut his mouth about the comment of "ask markus or edgar if they are "trance " djs, i bet you both say no... " Edgar was playing what really sounded like trance to me.

Honestly, I doubt it people in Miami are "bored" or do not want to listen to trance, I just think they have no other choice.

And why do you have to go bashing people who live in kendall, pod? What makes you so much better?

Guest LISALOCA
BTW, I really think a lot of people like listening to trance a lot more than you think pod. I think they have just been forcefully deprived or denying it. I recently went to go see Edgar V at Crobar and the majority, if I dare not say all, of the night he was playing trance not house and EVERYONE was having an incredible time. I mean all you have to do is look and read  the "Review of Edgar V at Crobar" thread and see that everyone had an incredible time. Just the same incredible time I see CJ people have when DJs like PVD, Tiesto, AVB come to Miami. Pod, do you mean to tell me that the majority of the people at CJ could not "know true DJ talent if someone dropped a pair of 1200s on their head" like you said in my previous thread? Edgar V is a very well known DJ, and if you look at what he played that night, housebitch Saleen could shut his mouth about the comment of "ask markus or edgar if they are "trance " djs, i bet you both say no... " Edgar was playing what really sounded like trance to me.

Honestly, I doubt it people in Miami are "bored" or do not want to listen to trance, I just think they have no other choice.

And why do you have to go bashing people who live in kendall, pod? What makes you so much better?

[glow=red,2,300] The monkey has released its anger!! [/glow]:o

I think this battle is silly...As a Dj I love diversity in sounds...I'm influenced by progressive house sounds...break beats..new n old..techno...deep house...latin-tribal beats...classic trance tracks also..the new electro clash sound is dope...tech-house I dig alot now...Also ..classic house tracks sound sweet mixed in with nu prog beats...Can't forget those old skool retro-funk tracks too.. ;D The style should not matter soo much ..Its all in the mix..!!! I'm into blending n creating beats with similar sounds n sometimes combinding different styles together.. all comming from what you feel inside your soul..n the challenge is getting all those emotions n feelings through specific tracks that tell your mood @ that moment through the music u feel like playing for yourself n your audience...Music is bigger than just the style of music u spin..." It's a spiritual thing...a body thing...a SOUL thing...a soul thing "....

[ Miami Nu-breed DJ ]

Guest pod

I've lived in the area for six years...I have gigabytes of data to prove it.

You hit the beach at the right time of night, and it is lowered hondas and fifteen year olds on the streets.

I never said they were in the clubs...no self-respecting venue would risk their licensing with that :)

I never actively bashed trance, either...some DJs can do it right...Kimball Collins, Christopher Lawrence, to name a few...

But don't expect a return of the trance dominance to the beach, that's for sure...

OK I am stuck in the 80s...why not? ;D

Guest trancemonkey
I've lived in the area for six years...I have gigabytes of data to prove it.

You hit the beach at the right time of night, and it is lowered hondas and fifteen year olds on the streets.

I never said they were in the clubs...no self-respecting venue would risk their licensing with that :)

I never actively bashed trance, either...some DJs can do it right...Kimball Collins, Christopher Lawrence, to name a few...

But don't expect a return of the trance dominance to the beach, that's for sure...

OK I am stuck in the 80s...why not?  ;D

Then why did you assume they were kendall kids? as you wrote, "When you have Kendall kids and Broward folk cruising down Washington Avenue in their lowered Hondas blasting 'In Search of Sunrise'..."

And, I do not want trance dominance, just VARIETY!!!! :)

Guest pod

Well, I did time in Kendall, and from my perspective it was dorks in lowered hondas, trustifarians, and other assorted underage misfits. That was a few years ago though...haven't been in that neighborhood for any appreciable amount of time since then. I'm sure Miami proper, Hialeah, Miami Lakes, Westchester, and so forth have their share of degenerates too. Maybe I'm jaded, but I think 99 percent of the people under 21 around here have their heads so far up their asses, they can lick the back of their throats.

Guest trancemonkey
Well, I did time in Kendall, and from my perspective it was dorks in lowered hondas, trustifarians, and other assorted underage misfits. That was a few years ago though...haven't been in that neighborhood for any appreciable amount of time since then. I'm sure Miami proper, Hialeah, Miami Lakes, Westchester, and so forth have their share of degenerates too. Maybe I'm jaded, but I think 99 percent of the people under 21 around here have their heads so far up their asses, they can lick the back of their throats.

Don't want to stereotype, but I seriously think the majority of these people you talk about in the above statement are listening to hip-hop, not trance.

Six years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D that's what you base your data on to make these blanket accusations trying to bash Trance as a musical taste only enjoyied by honda driving 15 year olds. You need to go back from where you came because you obviously don't know shit about this city. i've been here for decades and have seen the cities go throught ALOT of changes musically. From the 2live crew days to the present.

i think even your famous 15 year olds can see right through you. you are trying to promote the music that was supposedly happening where you are originally from.

SORRY buddy won't happen its a fad brought here be imports like youself and Saltine.

What i know that you obviously don't, besides the fact that you are a gigantic nerd(Mr. Gigabytes)(who the hell talks like that anyways ???) is that the people who go to clubs and listen to electronic music will eventually grow tired of the diluted sounds being pumped out by the overabundance of house dj's in this city and turn to clubs that play GOOD House and GOOD Trance or subgenres.

You house nerds will not dominate!!!!

P.S did you actually interview these drivers to find out if they were 15(mr. gigabtyes of info, what a joke :D). So how exactlly did you hear the music that was "blaring" from their cars? Did you know there is a noise oridnance in South Beach that does not allow you to play loud music from cars?

You story is full of holes just like you music!

Guest pod

I'm a nerd and proud of it. If it wasn't for my geek skills, I'd be a workaday stiff at some stifiling bean-counter job in Brickell, wearing a bloody three-piece suit, watching the clock for 5 PM, and getting stuck on 836 for two hours, instead of doing what I want and getting paid for it.

Who talks like that? I do! Ask anyone who knows me, I practically do not speak English sometimes. My vocabulary is liberally dosed with acronyms, improvised words, terms stolen from other languages, and of course, a fair fucking amount of profanity and other shit. I'll probably have my own dialect at some point.

And yeah, I'm an import! So what! I see what other cities do, and apply it to here. Miami-Dade county is not perfect. There's too many illegals here, the transit system bites, the cops are lazy, and everyone's a bad driver with no concept of time...but I'm off the subject.

Again, I'm not bashing trance here. I'm not trying to "convert" Miami into New York-South. Ask "Saltine!" (wow, that's a big word for you...), I repeatedly would rally against the New Yorkification of the Miami scene...hell, when I first met the guy, I told him to get on the nearest Triple Seven back to JFK! I realized later on that some of what he preaches makes sense...not necessarily his musical tastes, but his observations on the scene in general. Read one of his reviews, and then take a long, hard look at the scene around you. He's one of the few who speaks his mind, and doesn't mind doing it. Sure, he may call your music Euro trash, and occasionally be offensive, but if that bothers you, I have little pity...

I still do rally against the New Yorkification of Miami. I believe that Miami's scene should be allowed to go in it's own direction. Like your boy Trancemonkey said, it should end up being a variety of sounds...you trance folk will have your events, the house people will have their deal, and so forth...and I'll be present at a broad cross section of them. Seriously, in the past few months I've enjoyed the sounds of Dave Seaman, PvD, Larry Tee, DJ Icey, Infusion, Demi, Steve Lawler, Danny Tenaglia, Oscar G, Edgar V, Stryke, Christian Smith, DJ Armand, our .deckjunkies. Craig Demo, Michael Louis, Diaga, Sean Bauzay, Kurtis Patrick, and many more....like I said, a broad cross-section.

And I don't care that you've been around here for decades...you want a cookie? What would really be sad is if you've been around here for decades, and never left.

As for the noise ordinance...its a recent enactment, and is enforced sporadically at best...its one of those laws they dig up on you if they have nothing else better to do. And yes, up until 2002 when the law was enacted, I would hear people cruising in Hondas, Toyotas, Chevys, BMWs, Chryslers, Mercedes-Benzes, GMCs, Oldsmobiles, Pontiacs, hell, even a bloody Yugo, down Washington Avenue, blasting Castles in the Sky or some other shlock.

Let me be more detailed, it's the cheese trance that pisses me off...in another post, I named trance DJs that I liked...I haven't said I'm anti-trance at any point in this discussion. Hell, I had a blast during PvD's last set...that boy is good...and guess what, he's a fucking geek too...he didn't have many records on him, he had gigabytes of audio data to entertain the crowd. ;D

:) It is settled:

Again, I'm not bashing trance here.
Like your boy Trancemonkey said, it should end up being a variety of sounds...you trance folk will have your events, the house people will have their deal, and so forth...and I'll be present at a broad cross section of them. Seriously, in the past few months I've enjoyed the sounds of Dave Seaman, PvD, Larry Tee, DJ Icey, Infusion, Demi, Steve Lawler, Danny Tenaglia, Oscar G, Edgar V, Stryke, Christian Smith, DJ Armand, our .deckjunkies. Craig Demo, Michael Louis, Diaga, Sean Bauzay, Kurtis Patrick, and many more....like I said, a broad cross-section.
it's the cheese trance that pisses me off.

Pod has spoken! ;D

What's played more in Europe right now.

If you notice we are about 3 to 6 month behind Europe in music.

maybe in Trance we are behind...but Europe is Europe...and America is America...many European Djs LOVE our scene and LOVE our venues...and for ur info..we might be behind in Trance, but we are light years ahead in House...have u ever heard that crappy European house? :-/

Then why did you assume they were kendall kids? as you wrote, "When you have Kendall kids and Broward folk cruising down Washington Avenue in their lowered Hondas blasting 'In Search of Sunrise'..."

hey Trancemonkey...how about u and me find POD and break his camera? i am also from Kendall (WEST SIDE!!)... :P

Guest pod

Yeah, but you're a soldier for the east side stationed in Kendall! Shape up, soldier, and carry out your duty to the east side ;D

maybe in Trance we are behind...but Europe is Europe...and America is America...many European Djs LOVE our scene and LOVE our venues...and for ur info..we might be behind in Trance, but we are light years ahead in House...have u ever heard that crappy European house?

"True many European Djs do love our scene and venues"

Even if the house music is created here, which MANY are, it is actually introduced and played first in Europe.

The last 2 times that I went to Ibiza, HOUSE music that was kicking there made its way here after 3 - 6 months.

Well i guess the war with POD is over, he has been exposed for the GEEK that he is, just read his retarded posts and you will see that his dumbass arguments have no real content.

PVD has a computer because if not he would have to have a u-haul to carry all the different types of records he plays at different venues you MORON(not becasue he is a huge GEEK like yourself!! ::)

Just for the record GEEK in this post means dumbass, not the fact that you may have some type of talent no matter how miniscul it may be, which some other GEEK had chosen to pay you for(so you say). Although this job coment makes it obvious that since you have no basis for your house music arguments you had to bring up the job thing(how lame is that).

YES, i have been here for decades. Why would i wanna leave i like this town. I've travel extensively in the USA and parts of Europe and found Miami to be a good fit for me. It can be a pain in the ass sometimes but at least i don't abandon it like u abandoned yours GEEK.

Bean counter ??? Brickell ??? What ???I give up your a moron.....

Even if the house music is created here, which MANY are, it is actually introduced and played first in Europe.

The last 2 times that I went to Ibiza, HOUSE music that was kicking there made its way here after 3 - 6 months.

i STRONGLY disagree...house is produced here and usually played here first..i am sure there is exception to the rule...but when u have most the HOUSE LABELS here in the US and many of the AMERICAN djs playing here constantly...it doesnt make sense...also, btw...Conference is when alot of the year's anthems are played FIRST...