Clubplanet Nightlife Community

ibiza misunderstandings

Guest bcnjunkie

Guest ceradinimp

Just wanted to add my two cents.

I've been to the island two years in a row and it's been an amazing experience both times. The music is 6 months ahead of anything that I hear on the radio (no surprise with party 93's playlist!), the island is gorgeous, and the people there give it a vibe like no other place I've ever visited.

Last summer myself and two friends stayed in Ibiza town, had a townhouse/apartment in Dalt Villa (the castle in the center of the city) that over looked the bay and all of town below. I partied at as many clubs as was humanly possible in one week’s time (Pancha, Priviledge, Amnesia, Space, El Divino), but on this trip I made it a point to see more of the island. Went to the Hippy Market in Es Cana, sunset strip in San Antonio, and a random trip through the center of the island to see the sun rise at San Miguel Port (an after-hours party search gone wrong!). The rest of vacation was spent recovering at Playa D'En Bossa where you could catch some beautiful sites ;) and hear some great beach tunes at Bora Bora. The big track on the beach was E- Samba by Junior Jack. Everybody would loose their minds when that track came on, dancing on tables, beach chairs, you name it!

The most lasting memories from my trips were from the people that you see and meet when you visit the island. You meet people from all over Europe, from the guys and gals hawking tickets to the clubs, to the crazy cabbies, to your fellow clubbers you meet when going from party to the next. It’s like everyone is plugged in to the same vibe, everyone loves the same music, and everyone is seeking the same good time. It’s what makes island a magical place.

Sorry to make an extraordinarily long post, but I feel like I need to share the experience with like-minded people who appreciate the same things or have been there themselves.

I’m not going back this year, but for those of you making the trip, have a safe and magical journey!

Bora Bora was nice and fun \8)

The best part of Ibiza is meeting different people that are there to enjoy a good time and LIFE.

I had dinner one night at the Royal Plaza Hotel in Ibiza Town. The restaurant is on the top, the view is amazing and the food was excellent.

Guest bcnjunkie

CERADINIMP: yup, I was there in June and E-Samba seem to be the tune, Everybody dropped it and the crowds went crazy.  They closed the opening of manumission with that track ! and the 100 or so people left in Privilege (the upstairs room sorrounded by glass !) went insane !  

Did u go to Sa Trinxa ?

By the way, see, this is what I mean !, people who stay in San Antonio get a negative impression but if you stay elesewhere, the Island rocks !. Dalt Villa is awesome, personally I stay in figueretas, between playa d'enbossa & Ibiza town. And I also try to catch the sights of the Island, One day party, One day rest !

Guest bcnjunkie
Bora Bora was nice and fun \8)

The best part of Ibiza is meeting different people that are there to enjoy a good time and LIFE.

I had dinner one night at the Royal Plaza Hotel in Ibiza Town. The restaurant is on the top, the view is amazing and the food was excellent.

100% agree !, what was the name of the restaurant ? (did the tapas & paella thing the whole time, should try something new the next trip)

Guest ceradinimp

bcnjunkie: It's pretty amazing the difference between San Antonio and the rest of the island. The Brits have taken over San Antonio and the experience is more of a drinking, fall down drunken bar scene. There are so many places like that in the US that it makes it almost pointless to hang out there after dark (I can go to Las Olas for that!) It also attracts a less 'mature' crowd. The rest of the island it much different and more of what you would expect when visiting Ibiza.

Never made it to San Trixa. Truthfully, I never heard of the place, but oh well, I'll have to make the trip the next time I go! It's amazing how many cool little secluded hang outs there are all over the island. I think you could spend a whole vacation there, not even go to the big clubs, and still have a kick ass time! Like any other experience, Ibiza is what you make it. If you like the drugs, they're there for the taking. If you like beautiful beaches, secluded hang outs, or breathe taking vistas you can find all that too. Point is, it's all there for you to enjoy and it's worth the trip!

I too went to Barcelona the first summer I visited Ibiza. That is one awesome city! I was very impressed with it, definitely on the must see again list! Only spent two days there because I had to make it to the running of the bulls in Pamplona. I would have to say that running away from a dozen angry bulls with thousands of other idiots was the highlight of the vacation! A definite must for all adrenaline junkies! And the San Fermines festival was a great time.

As far as restaurants, I couldn’t remember all the places I ate at. All I know is that almost all of the restaurants served excellent food, even the inexpensive little cafes that were all over the place. I was more interested in eating to sustain my body so I could sustain the party! I only had a week to take it all in! I think you need two weeks so you can really enjoy everything and not over do it!