Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Message to all PVD fans...2 things.

LESjunkie

First of all, Dan, you took some amazing pix from the event this past weekend...I wasnt there but your shots make me feel like I was.  That is a photographic accomplishment ;D

Nick and Sarah, once i get a digital cam (soon) I will commence this for you in nyc if you'd like...

SECONDLY.  If you are a big PVD fan , I must share this with you.  I did before but this is for reiteration purposes, because it's that good.  Listen:

There is a set available, it is PVD's closing set from this past september at Amnesia.  Whoever doesnt have this, yet loves PVD, it is an absolutely essential set.  No other PVD set has ever touched me so intensely---I think the first 80 minutes of this closing set is some of the most superb mixing he has ever done....the clarity of the recording is superb, and you can hear the ice machine exploding over fans....the crowd singing along with "as the rush comes", and so much more.  It begins hard and takes you ona journey from there. I think I would have spontaneously combusted if i were present at this event....but then again I did see him and tiesto perform at amnesia on the 17th of July and I combusted then, so that is my solace.  

A friend of mine got it off www.nu-horizons.com. I think this is a pay site, but it is cheap and there are tons of valuable sets added weekly. Other than that, im sure there are tons of way to get an mp3 of the set. If anyone gets it please post your remarks here! I hope that some of you can find this and take advantage of its amazingness.  :o

Guest dSj

It's all over SoulSeek... it's alright, I don't particularly like hearing the crowd and what not, takes away from the quality of the actual music. Anyways, see if you can track down his set 'Live @ the O', it was recorded back in 2000. The last 80 minutes of it, beginning with Tell Me Why are absolutely sick.

Guest sarahcj
First of all, once i get a digital cam (soon) I will commence this for you in nyc if you'd like...

That would be great! Oh and take Pod up on his offer, he knows all the best buys :)

Yes, Dan, Rebecca tells me you are quite an exceptional photog and a cool guy too. Im Evan, i hope she has mentioned me to you as her and I are quite tight--we lived together in nyc and she moved down to Tampa.

Anyway, I'd really like to get some of your insight on the best digital cam to get, especially for taking pix in nightlife arenas....something like you have to take magnificent photos but not too expensive. i am not sure what going rates are for quality digi-cameras, but Id like to spend somewhere around $300 . If something is more expensive but you think it is really great, Id still like to know the brand and model as there are many places here in nyc to buy used photog equipment that is still in mint condition...for a fraction of the cost.

Guest pod

For sure, I'll "pretend" your budget is like 500 bucks or so. There's a few new models on the market that may suit you just fine, I'll start poking around later today...

;D

Actually, here in Nyc (and other cities as well) there is an amazing resource, more like a clearinghouse of "stuff": that people post to barter or sell. IN NYC, everyone uses craigslist.org when they want to shop around for good stuff but dont want to pay new retail. Will you look at this site and (in the keyword box you can type in digital camera) and see if there are any amazin deals I should investigate? that would be quite cool.

http://newyork.craigslist.org/ele/