Clubplanet Nightlife Community

WMC info for New Yorkers coming down

LESjunkie

mmm, Miami, the third week of march...something we all look forawrd to annually....and as interview junkie poiinted out, it is never too soon to begin talking about the conference.

especially if you're coming from new york city, like we are. for us to make our plans now with airfare and hotel arrangements and getting time off work...we can save hundreds of dollars and hassle...not to mention the anticipatory momentum can begin.

So most of you live down in miami already. Maybe you can offer some advice on resources to find great accomodations in south beach. For example...when I weent to ibiza this summer, everything was insanely expensive for accomodations. Instead of paying high prices, i asked the local and they referred me to www.ibiza-spotight.com. this resource is amazing and anyone going to ibiza should do their bookings for accomodation with this org---they have significant discounts in all of the hotels and the org is run by a spaniard.

anyway, that is my reasoning behind asking you guys. I could easily just call look online but I didnt know if you all knew of any specials, some way to be fab without having to pay exorbinant prices---we are looking to have 2 people in a room with two queen size beds in SoBe--somewhere nice, on the beach, eg shelbourne, etc.

what do you all think?

Nick and sarah, what CJ parties are planned for this year?

Guest joeygk

2 queen sized beds.....what's w/ this whole sleeping nonsense - THERE IS NO SLEEPING DURING WMC! Lightweight. ;)

Just book early - i.e. as soon as the dates are announced (they didn't confirm until late last year) but you can still get some great deals. *also if you get enough people together you can get great rates on suites so you'll have a place to pre/afta party! The entire 112 crew & company had almost an entire floor - and you can imagine the drunken shenanigans that transpired.

I would also like to officially petition the Junkies to move the CoolJunkie/Radio 1 party back to Nikki Beach & the begining of WMC. The 2003 party at Opium was great, but the 2002 party at Nikki's was easily one of the best parties eva! Nick you know I'm right.

Guest nickjunkie
2 queen sized beds.....what's w/ this whole sleeping nonsense - THERE IS NO SLEEPING DURING WMC!  Lightweight.  ;)

Just book early - i.e. as soon as the dates are announced (they didn't confirm until late last year) but you can still get some great deals.  *also if you get enough people together you can get great rates on suites so you'll have a place to pre/afta party!  The entire 112 crew & company had almost an entire floor - and you can imagine the drunken shenanigans that transpired.  

I would also like to officially petition the Junkies to move the CoolJunkie/Radio 1 party back to Nikki Beach & the begining of WMC.  The 2003 party at Opium was great, but the 2002 party at Nikki's was easily one of the best parties eva!  Nick you know I'm right.  

Now have a little think about it. When is Pete Tong's Essential Selection broadcast? The day is pre-chosen. ;)

I loved the Nikki's event, but this year we have some other ideas. Noise issues could be a problem at Nikki's, as well as their attitude - not good in 2002.

Guest joeygk

Ahhh yes - Friday it is then! *LOL

So now let's petition the organizers to have WMC Fri - Wed instead of Wed - Sunday. I'll make some phone calls and sort it out. :P