Clubplanet Nightlife Community

[ Slip on shoes no socks or pastel suits? ]

Guest rufcut

Guest rufcut

Hi,

I've been lurking on this board for a week or so because i am heading out to Miami for my first time with my lovely girlfriend for the WMC 04.

Now... what I really NEED is a few pointers on what to wear so that I don't stand out as the pasty Glaswegian who snuck in through the back door. We don't really do dress code much in Glasgow cause... well we are all pretty laid back. But obviously being a HUGE club junkie I'd like to have the lowdown on clubs, clothes and general chit chat so that we have the best time ever and buy the WHOLE town!

I'll even buy folk a pint if they turn out to be super nice and give us good advice.. oh yeah you don't do pints... erm a bottle of 'lite' beer then.

So that's:

Clothes - what not to wear

Clubs - I'm a house man me... but I can dance to anything... no really... better than your uncle at a wedding.

Chat - Whats the 'chat' what do I NEED to know... don't eat yellow snow etc.

Cheers in advance

Rufus

Guest web_norah

dont stroll down the gettho block on 6-7 Washington Avenue......(unless Privelege on 637 Washignton Ave still exists by wmc 2004).....

Guest nickjunkie

Go to your chosen party VERY early or make sure you have a rock solid hookup. The parties get packed and the doors are a nightmare.

Guest orlando

wear : t-shirt, jeans and tennis shoes, shorts for the ultra

clubs: space pass for 3 days best way to go, if not individual night go up in price (digweed, lawler, sander k, deep dish, mauro piccotto, marco carola, berhouz, etc..) hte ultra sat for sure....try tp make it to the free parties(if you're up, www.miamimasterlist.com , for... ah ..list)

chat: everybody is pretty cool at the WMC

you owe me a pint mate!

Guest coach

If you are going to Ultra, I would suggest having as much fun with your outfit as possible, but do think *comfortable*. As for the clubs, being from Glasgow, I doubt if you'll have a problem. Just don't wear what they wear on the hip-hop videos on MTV, that's about the only rule. One of the best things about Miami is that practically anything goes fashion-wise, just don't look like a slob. If you really want to look cutting-edge-hip, remember that clashing is IN, as is retro

Guest rufcut

Firstly,

Wow, thanks for the response. If this is a measure of how friendly folk are then I think we'll all get on fine.

rcrespo: Yes we are spoiled. It's Pressures 5th Birthday at the end of the month and even though I'm not going it WILL be massive. Laurent Garnier, Groove Armarda, Miss Kitten etc... Glasgow is massive for clubbing. If you come go to theArches (Pressure for House/Tech House, Death Disco for Electro, The Funk Room for... well Funk... the list goes on). The venue is huge and is underneath victorian Railway arches. I can't really describe how big it is but they usually have three acts on and you don't get clashing (for example, I saw Felix the HouseCat last month with Layo and Bushwacka in support so they were playing at the same time). Anyway... I digress... if you come over the Arches, SubClub, Anything Soma are running... all good!

coach: I don't think the hip hop thing is a problem... I'm v. short and baggy sports gear looks like I've stole it from a big boy in the playground... ;)

orlando: yes I do owe you a pint... well I owe all of yous a pint. I'll be hanging around on this list till I head out so I'll try and make friends with you all so that you know I'm not a total psyco and then meet a few folk for drinks if they fancy... and you can laugh at my pale skin... btw. I listened to your mix orlando on the 'dj's wanted' post that's some slick mixing... ;)

Anyway thanks all for the advice... If you have anymore then please pass it on... I'll be around.

peace

Ruf