Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Behringer DJX700 DJ mixer

Guest balckrose

Guest balckrose

I know someone asked some info on this, so here it goes....

Behringer DJX700 DJ mixer

Just to let y'all know, I just picked one of these up the other day (we blew up our other crappy mixer at Burning Man) and for $200 it is more than worth it!

It's pretty much a pioneer 600 ripoff, but has a nice VCA fader with adjustable curve. Sounds pretty good, the effects are weak, but I'll hardly ever use them.

Construction quality seems tight, we'll see how it stands up with normal use. For 5 inputs, EQ kills, good cueing, and an external FX loop, $200 is a downright steal.

Here's what they have to say about it:

Professional 5-channel ultra low-noise DJ mixer with state-of-the-art phono preamps

47 breathtaking digital effect presets in 24-bit quality: delay, reverb, flanger, filter, panner, ultrabass, exciter, vinylizer, voice changer and more

Intelligent dual auto-BPM counter with time and beat sync display

Super-smooth Ultraglide faders with up to 500,000 life cycles

Awesome adjustable XPQ stereo surround effect

VCA controlled crossfader for utmost reliability and smooth audio performance

Adjustable crossfader curve for all mixing styles

3-band kill EQ (-32 dB) and precise level meters with peak hold function per channel

Additional 3-way kill switches with extremely steep frequency separation

Monitor function with master/cue balance control and split option

Auto-talkover function with separate depth control

Additional Manual Features:

4 dual input stereo channels, 1 ULN microphone channel with "On Air" switch

Dedicated FX loop for connection of external devices (sampler, reverb processor etc.)

Phono inputs can be switched to line level

Gold-plated RCA sockets for excellent audio quality

Ultra-rugged construction ensures long life, even under the most demanding conditions

Manufactured under ISO9000 certified management system

I have the same very mixer. In fact, this is my second one. While it is an outstanding Pioneer replica, I am not quite sure of its reliability.

My first one gave out on me during my first serious live set. The fader curve got very screwed up and the fader itself started acting extremely weird. Within 10 minutes the effects part went as well. Luckily I had a CD cued in and that bought me time to switch to internal Traktor mixer. I sent it in to Behringer dealer under a warranty claim and received replacement one about 2 weeks later. The new one seems to be working fine but I am still not over the whole deal...

Guest drewbongiorno

Behringer definitely has a lot of features, but unfortunately the build quality is very poor. It looks all nice and shiny but Behringer products just aren't built to stand the test of time (not even the near foreseeable future). Behringer's product line is quite robust but I think if you do some research on their products you will find many users complaining about knobs falling off, channels dropping out, and meters not displaying. I hate to be so negative but I can't even say much for their audio quality.

Simply put...

You should ask yourself whether or not you need all those features or can you get by with a well made smaller mixer by a reputable brand name.

Just my 2db

Good Luck! ;)

Guest pod

I've had mixed experiences with Behringer gear in general in the past. Their DJ mixers are just as Drew stated, with rather poor build quality and audio quality, but on the other hand I've had positive experiences with their professional sound reinforcement gear, from small FOH consoles, to crossovers and compressors. One time, it rained on a Super-X crossover that we needed for a show...we didn't know it was soaked, so when we fired it up, this nasty pulse went through the system, and the lights on the Super-X were flashing erratically...an hour of hairdryer application later, it was working as normal...it is still in service if I'm not mistaken.

I'm wondering if their DJ gear is perhaps made somewhere else and has the Behringer logo slapped on it? Or maybe their QC is not up to par for the comparatively new line of DJ gear they offer?

Guest eKiTeL

if you want a great Dj mixer with channel faders (rather than knobs) just buy the Rane Empath, and forget about it.... this beats them all, even the Pioneer

Guest saintjohn

i'm not a fan of behringer. i know their gear works well for some people, and that's great, but the company has a shady history (google behringer mackie lawsuit). maybe their business practices shouldn't matter to me, but i prefer to buy gear from the innovators, not the imitators. behringer does have some dedicated employees working to improve things (especially in the dj products division), and their products are priced attractively, but i'll stick with my two rane mixers, thanks.

having said that, i'm certainly glad that blackrose and juxt are happy with their mixers, and i'm looking forward to hearing them put those behringers to good use in the near future.

pod, don't use hair dryers (evil ion ray guns) on sensitive electronic equipment - just let wet gear air dry (sunlight helps, too). yeah, i know, it was a field-expedient fix, but still . . .

Guest pod

Yeah, we were hesitant, but with the show starting in 90 minutes, and it being 9 PM (sam ash, etc weren't open...)we had to chance it... ;D

Guest Adam Singer

you get what you pay for...keep that in mind :)

it just looks like a cheap pioneer rip off if you ask me, id say just go for a Allen and Heath instead

forget the pioneer, I've never seen one that has all the channels working, just get the EMPATH!

yea...but i already own a 3 channel mixer (the same one u once did) and i prefer the pioneer...more channels and a trusted name...trust me the rane is also a trusted name, but is lacking the amount of channels that i want...

Guest balckrose

I wanna get a pioneer, i saved up the money and all, the only bad thing si i live in the Domincan republic, and there are NO record or quipment stores, and buying online is a haxxle, but i'll try, anyways, I personally prefer pioneer.

A friend here got the berringer, and it's working out very well for huim, i guess it's a matter of budget...

:P

Guest eKiTeL

yea...but i already own a 3 channel mixer (the same one u once did) and i prefer the pioneer...more channels and a trusted name...trust me the rane is also a trusted name, but is lacking the amount of channels that i want...

problem is the Pioneer always seem to have one channel out of commsion so it's usually just a 3 channel mixer anyway ;)