Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Club closeing annoucment...

V. Barbarino

Guest beatfriek
What about NV.

This past saturday at about 3:30, There where about 2 people inside.  :o

i heard the same thing :-/ except there were about 4 people at 6am!!!!!

Nikki's was supposed to give back the sand part to the City of Miami Beach. They had to take off the fence they had and make that area available to the public.

I think Nikki was trying to give the city and extra 350,000 a year to keep it. Don't know what happened.

PEARL is doing good!

Guest pod

Well, as far as serious clubs, Liquid 1.0 did...didn't GrooveJet make it to the 6 year mark?

Now for "non-serious" tourist joints, there's plenty that have gotten past the 10 year mark.

Guest saintjohn

it's interesting that well-run parties often outlast the nightclubs that host them. carmel ophir's events, for example, seem to go on as long as he cares to promote them - back door bamby, which started at lua on espanola way, has been running 7+ years, and has now taken on a life beyond crobarmiami. the original church party, which started at groovejet, just kept going and going and going, too.

there's nothing wrong with doing something well for a relatively brief period and then moving on, but the nightclub industry seems to suffer from attention deficit disorder. too many club owners run their enterprises as vanity projects, and don't care enough about promoting good music and making money (not mutually exclusive goals). also, this business attracts some less-than-desirable employees, who frequently view their jobs as an escape from reality, rather than a sustainable, profitable career. together, these factors contribute to industry-wide incompetence and a lack of professionalism usually only seen in third-world bureacracies.

enough preaching to the choir . . . i obviously need another cup of coffee.

i heard the same thing :-/ except there were about 4 people at 6am!!!!!

When the doors opened at 11:30 (last Saturday), there was a line of 9 people waiting to get in. At 1 am,

the crowd had thinned out to consist of approximately me and the 2 girls I was with... oh, and some guy in the corner twirling glowsticks. I spoke with the bartender and asked if the club was doing better on other nights. She said that NV gets a crowd at about 6am. That must have been the 4 people mentioned above....

Keep in mind that NV had free admission and an open bar. DT at 34 next door is no excuse. This club is history or soon will be.

Guest pod

Keep in mind that NV had free admission and an open bar. DT at 34 next door is no excuse. This club is history or soon will be.

DT had no cover until 1 AM.

For some reason I think that corner where NV is located has no hope! Exile was there for a couple of months, Beach Club (I think that was the name) was there for a day? and now NV.

One of the owners of NV, also owns ZBA Restaurant & Bar in the Gables. I think he made a big error with this investment.

What about making NV a restaurant. And call it " NV's Afterhours Restaurant " ::)

I think the next club/lounge that's going to close is NJOY, which has not even opened.

Has anyone heard anything about this place?? It's about two blocks from "Space" by the train tracks.