Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Attn: POD

Oni1414777741

Guest shannon_coolj.
Pod, take a chill pill my friend. You had some pics I didn't like.........so I criticized. But just like you, I have taken some fucked up pictures myself. I just had the dignity to delete the picture and retake the picture again. Its a shame you haven't done that yourself. Now I admire that your a Photographer and all that...even though your pics have been displayed on local newspapers. I believe you should know better. Also I understood your punctuation and grammer very well......no need for dictionary.com ;D. The thing that I hoped to do with this criticism is too atleast motivate you enough to post better pics. So my advice is delete and retake.....and if the pic sucks dont display them. Doesn't it hurt your credibility as a Photographer, who has pics displyed all over the local newspapers. Now one last thing is do you go by the name Dan Vidal. Cause if you do I seen some bad ass pic in the past I just hope as time progresses your work gets back to the stature it once was. I hope no harm was done to your feelings and all it really wasn't personal.........just some criticism from us little people, Who dont have their picture posted all over the newspapers and the net. So if I happen to bump in to you @ local Venue I will be more than glad to show you my pics. An even show where the delete button is at, or if you need some one to level your camera while your pic is taken.......I will help..........Just kidding ;):D 8) ;D

levelistic--i think you do need a dictionary as there is no "e" in grammar

Guest klit

I'm a Canon whore though myself.

Nearly got the canon digital rebel, but in the end did not need all that for a cam, though it looks really good. Ended up with a kodak 6490, it's impressing me so far for the price i paid it.

Wow I can't read CJ for a day and look what I uncover. I think POD's pictures really suck also.

j/k Dan ;),

It is rare that you can tell what photograpgher has taken a picture just by looking at it. But that is one of the things that is refreshing about POD's club pics. He puts his personality into the pictures. It is also good to see a good attitude to go along with it since other photograpghers in this town can be real a**holes, not to mention any names.

I even know a photograpgher who has picked up some pointers from POD. ;D

Guest saintjohn
other photograpghers in this town can be  real a**holes, not to mention any names

a couple of years ago, my wife was taking pictures of john digweed at crobar (on assignment for a certain glossy dj culture magazine), and this "other photographer" is in high dudgeon because, well, "she's not the official photographer here, i am." i'm dressed in black, shaved head, standing near the velvet rope, watching her work, and apparently "other photographer" assumes that i'm a bouncer or something and begins complaining to me about the situation. "she thinks she hot shit," says "other photographer." i nod. "other photographer" tries to get between my wife and digweed (which is difficult since she's shooting with a 24mm lens, no flash, less than a foot from the left turntable), so she hip checks "other photographer" out of the way and finishes up another roll of film. she strolls over to me, swaps camera bodies, and goes back for some pictures from the right side of the booth. "other photographer" realizes that i'm with her, not with the club, not with carmel, and not with digweed. "other photographer" storms off in a most theatrical fashion. meanwhile, my wife is satisfied that she's got what she needs, and we head home (actually, i go to bed, and she goes to teach school).

my point, and i do have one, is that if the "other photographer" had been pod, we would've spent some time discussing our respective camera systems, crobar's light show, digweed's record selection, and the sound system. we would've exchanged business cards and tried to buy each other drinks. then we would've made some snide comments about the glowstick guy.

you don't have to be a jerk to get work.

Guest pod

True enough, on the rare instance I see John about, we'll shoot the shit and compare gear...I'll do that with anyone, really...I see Eric about, same deal...it's an art form, and the best way to conduct it and learn is to play nice with the other guys, even if they are "competitors"...

But I could totally see "the other guy" doing what you described, John. Sad really, he used to be such a nice guy.

Guest jdjr107

It’s really funny how some of you guys can’t stick to what you believe or better yet to your word; just because you don’t want to be called out on. I’m just a regular asshole, but If I say something I’ll ride it out to the end; I won’t just back off or change my ways because I want to fit in or be accepted. I’m not trying to promote arguments or aggression, but the level of ass kissing in this place amazes me !

Guest jdjr107

Well, first he bashes you then he bashes you some more and then he backs out. All I say is if you're going to bash someone ride it out...

Guest saintjohn

can't we all just get along?

i think what we have here is a failure to communicate. people sometimes post things that they would never actually say to each other face to face, and other times comments can be misinterpreted. i really thought that levelistic's initial post was sarcasm (given the "lol" and smileys), but i was wrong - levelistic really, really doesn't like pod's work. obviously, visual style is subjective, but several people were obviously irritated by the suggestions that dan was "drunk or Fu***d up on something," that his pictures showed a "lack of professionalism," and that he "should be fired." so, jdjr107, you think that pod and levelistic should "bash" each other and "ride it out." maybe you should try cp, not cj, and visit the drama forum there for a while. you won't be so disappointed by people trying to find common ground and understand each other - not much "asskissing" going on there.

Guest jdjr107
can't we all just get along?

jdjr107, you think that pod and levelistic should "bash" each other and "ride it out."

Hey ! Thanks for the advice... anyway buddy if you read what I wrote you'll notice that I didn't mention anything about pod or level bashing each other. I'll refresh my statement, lets see if you get my point this time. If you are going to have the balls to talk shit or crack on anyone when that person confronts you, don't pussy out and change your statements.

Guest shannon_coolj.
lol...interview junkie........is the best you can do.

no...i just don't put a lot of energy or time into people that don't deserve it  :)

Guest LeVeL

no...i just don't put a lot of energy or time into people that don't deserve it  :)

Then dont put any energy into it. You should listen to your own advice buddy.

Guest vanbuurenfan

Then dont put any energy into it. You should listen to your own advice buddy.

whan did we start calling GIRLS buddy? thats news. should i call pod sweetie or sugar now? ;D

Guest vanbuurenfan

Hey !  Thanks for the advice...   anyway buddy if you read what I wrote you'll notice that I didn't mention anything about pod or level bashing each other.  I'll refresh my statement, lets see if you get my point this time.  If you are going to have the balls to talk shit or crack on anyone when that person confronts you, don't pussy out and change your statements.  

hey pod i wanna crack some shit! ;D

Guest LeVeL

Vanbuuren.........is interview junkie a female......cuz I didn't know.....nice of you to bring that up. So you want to crack something.........huh :-X :-[ :o

Guest vanbuurenfan
Vanbuuren.........is interview junkie a female......cuz I didn't know.....nice of you to bring that up. So you want to crack something.........huh :-X :-[ :o

u said crack......he hehe ;D

Guest shannon_coolj.

easy mistake levelistic...shannon can be a male or female name... :)

but god, i think i'm going to change it to shanna or something so people know ahead of time... :'(

Guest coach
easy mistake levelistic...shannon can be a male or female name...   :)

but god, i think i'm going to change it to shanna or something so people know ahead of time... :'(

Or, geez, they could just look at the female symbol next to your gender!

I still think Pod paid these guys off to rip on him to get some extra promotional time. Now everybody who never goes to the galleries has to go check it out and see what all the hubbub is about. Very clever there, dude.

Guest saintjohn

for those of you who would like to give pod and eric some competition, just grab your digital camera and take one of these:

dw97phot.jpg

it's easy!

Guest bcnjunkie

i've seen a myriad of pictures from pod on CJ ranging from very precise to artsy and I think all pretty good quality ! ;D

J.C.