Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DJ Stryke

juxt

Guest stryke303
Well Styke's event didn't go all that good. For a while it seemed I was the only person in the main room while the Lime bar was jumping to some uber-lame Shakira remixes. I think Greg screwed up his programming and scared people away with banging techno.

Ah, and Maze security has major issues. Major issues I say. They are quickly approaching the arrogance level of Space34 except they have little reason to do so.

hmm...not sure what time you were there. i played all house until about 12:30ish. I didn't see any problems with the programming. I actually held back quite a bit (as this IS miami), until i felt the crowd wanting to take it up a couple notches. I was genuinely surprised when they took to it. sorry you had issues at the door. i think maze does need to get its act together. they such great potential there. sorry you didn't enjoy the programming. guess i'm not built to please everybody ;) but, i was very happy with the night. there were a lot more people than i was expecting, and we went till about 4:30. not bad, i think. and huge thanks to dj armando suarez from grooveman, who came by and dropped some sick tunes.

paz,

stryke

Well Styke's event didn't go all that good. For a while it seemed I was the only person in the main room. I think Greg screwed up his programming and scared people away with banging techno.

thats wierd...Stryke has always done a good show...and i have been to MANY of his events...the only complaints i might have is, that Stryke didnt play all night...he is that good...the man is deadly behind the decks and his hands never stop moving...i mean how can he scare people away with his techno? i mean thats what he spins...if people are uneducated enough NOT to know what a Dj spins, who's fault is that? i am still kicking myself in the arse that i didnt make it to this event....next time i will def. be there for Stryke!!!!

Guest ramon

stryke could give them the direction they need .. remember the club was supposed to open with the cocooon tour originally :)

who knows where they would be now if they did. :)

Guest nickjunkie

Not sure about Cocoon - the opening was supposed to be Oakenfold, but Opium outbid them. They also underbid on Digweed for NYE and went with a gay night.

They also underbid on Digweed for NYE and went with a gay night.

... and their gay nights were totally jumping, at least by my means. I was taking pictures of my friend who was performing there a couple of nights when it was gay, and I gotta tell you, even with the awful music they were playing initially, it was very much packed. Now it seems they lost Acosta as well.

I watched Stryke do his magic for a good while. The man has amazing skills. I was plesantly amused by they way he keeps things moving -- top notch.

What led me to reason that programming was off was mostly the fact that when I got there something mighty agressive was playing. I struggle to even start guessing the track, but it was not your Jeff Mills techno but something so hard and volumnous that I felt very small

and powerless... and didn't wanna try dancing. It was around 12:30-1:00 AM and it seemed that it was a bit too early into the night for that kinda music...

Not to mention that they also had an easy way of getting Frankie Knuckles booked for their opening night...Frankie as an opening night DJ would have established them from the outset as a serious house club.

Guest ramon

wow someone mentioned mills .. kudos to you .. i dont think it was too hard .. he mostly played chuggin bass heavy house to start off and then move things up a bit .. the only mills track that i heard was a loop of alarms .. and it was just coming in and out .. so uh .. hard? you think thats hard .. i don't know what to tell you .. but uh stryke holds back .. i would love to see him give all he's got and maybe i could finally hear that damn speedy j - tanga ep.

Greg was banging from the minute we got there at 9:30. I left for about an hour to say hi to the guys at Luna, then was back no later than 1am. Stayed till 4:30. One of the best nights I have had EVER, the place was empty for a while, then surprisingly filled up pretty quickly.

I was a little let down that more people did not show up. He is an incredible musician, not just a DJ and a lot of our locals would do well to learn a thing or two from him.

Well, in this case, he was playing at a club that's really confused about which direction to go now..they booked a good DJ, but the promotions weren't that hot...

Well, in this case, he was playing at a club that's really confused about which direction to go now..they booked a good DJ, but the promotions weren't that hot...

I totally agree......Halloween at Venu on the other hand is going to be out of this world. With the best breaks inside, and Edgar V vs. Styke in the new outdoor area, it will definitely be a night to remember.

Styke is really going to be giving us a few surprises soon, and Saleen is right....like always. :D