Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Would a Wednsday weekly on the beach work?

Guest demo909

Guest demo909

Just want to see what some of you think about a weekly Wednsday house party here on the beach. We have a great sobe location locked down thats is both funky and friendly but are debateing to start the party.........What do you think would get people to come out of there Apts/houses on a Wednsday night?

We have some ideas about open bar, starting the party early 6pm to 2am kinda thing and making it a great locals hang out......but again, would it be worth it? Would people show?

What do you think?

Guest demo909

I definately think that an early party is the key. I want to try and get some of the happy hour crew in there. I also don't think there is a market for a late night party on Wednsdays and since I'm trying to create something for us locals who are broke....i know the drinks are gonna be cheap :P

Guest digital7

me likes cheap drinks :D .. right on Rob, I think that's a factor for it being successful along with the location of the party

Craig, I lost all my address book when I installed XP.. what's your email addy again?

Guest coach

Automatic Slims seems to be able to pack them in on the weekdays. I have not seen any other places that are like that, but I may have just missed them.

Here's the thing I've noticed about attracting the locals on the beach. Despite the fact that it is supposedly a very "trendy" place, the locals still do not like to feel taken advantage of just to look cool. From what I have seen, the places that offer a good value are the places that get the people.

Another issue I've noticed is that the locals like a place that caters to them, as opposed to the tourists. Nothing wrong with tourists, of course, but I know that a lot of time, the locals feel disregarded as the establishments chase the tourist dollars. Don't DIScourage the tourists, just make sure the locals know this is mainly for them. You could do something like give a small discount if they show their local ID. Or reduced cover charge, if you are going to have them.

It seems like I am the only one, but I would counsel against open bars. I would rather have drinks that are reasonably priced at all times, rather than free McCormicks for an hour or two followed by $10 gin and tonics. If you can manage your drink prices such that they are reasonable at all times, even for the better stuff, I think that will go much farther than a short time of free drinks.

Also, open bars reek of desperation. All the rats abandon a sinking ship. If you have to offer an open bar to get anyone to come, people will assume you are not doing well and not show up because if you were doing well, you wouldn't have to offer an open bar. Kind of turns into a self-fulfilling prophecy.

And, open bars stink of unoriginality and everybody knows it. People want somewhere to go where they will find entertainment and enjoyment. Anybody can do an open bar. But customers will reward originality and creativity much more. Despite what everybody seems to think, people *are* willing to pay, and people *do* have at least some money, but they just want to feel like they are getting a good deal for their money. Like it is worthwhile to spend it there.

The other thing is that the locals want to go where the locals are. Getting the starters out is the hard part. Once "everybody" hears that "everybody" is there, then it will be much easier to actually get a good crowd.

Heh, well, I better quit while we are still in the "short" version, gotta get back to "work".

Guest demo909

good points coach. I prefer the cheap drink prices to open bar myself. Besides open bar at 6pm doesn't sound right.

This party will cater to everyone including tourists. But over all I want it to have a locals / industry kinda feel. A meet and greet place for us in the biz.

Music will be a strong focal point too. I'm not bashing any local DJ's (our heroes), but I feel that the music on and off the beach is too repetitive. Everyone is playing the same tracks. There is very little individuality at the larger clubs. There are great smaller parties with a lot of good locals who play a different sound, but they seriously lack support from all of us. With this party I want to showcase "music" not just DJ's

Anyway I'm glad to see that you guys are showing intrest.

Coach said:"I would rather have drinks that are reasonably priced at all times, rather than free McCormicks for an hour or two followed by $10 gin and tonics. "

Thats a good point! If only clubs could follow this type of common sense logic, they would realize that a higher volumer of business flow is just as profitable as open bar incentives and higher drink prices.

As to the wednesday party, I would go if you are spinning Craig. Also I would be more interested in going if you booked local talent.

--Omar

Hi. Just wanted to give all you cooljunkies the heads up that we'll be starting a Wednesday night proggy/tribal/funky house party August 20, 2003 at the Lime Bar in Miami Beach. Here is the line up so far:

-August 20, 2003: DJ Hardware Birthday Bash Celebration; Our Special Guest-DJ Hardware (Moonshine, Hardware Worldproductions, www.essentialgrooves.com)

-August 27, 2003: Mikey Gallagher from the Ministry of Sound in London, England.

-September 3, 2003: Danny Sullivan from the Hooj Choons, UK

-September 10, 2003: Gene Carbonell-Dark Driver (Choo Choo Records UK)

-September 24, 2003: Avex Axiom from Chicago (Abstract Rhythm)

We will also have additional performance support from local DJs. I will post the flyer on the forum in the next couple of days.

Doors will open at 9:00 p.m.

$3.00 "You call it till Midnight"

$10.00 at the door.

Free parking available on the premises

Demo, if you are interested in performing at our night we'd love to have you. Just say the word.

:D

-Abstract Rhythm Productions