Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Tiesto this weekend @ Space

LESjunkie

Guest nickjunkie

Just not my taste - although I can't deny that the energy he brought to Ultra was amazing.

Rob would normally catch this but I think he's a little spaced out after last weekend. ;D

Guest shannon_coolj.

To me, Tiesto is a great DJ (as far as mixing skills go) but I can't deal with the music he plays. (trance, trance, trance)

Although a friend of mine saw him recently and he said that Tiesto played techno, breaks, trance and house....but I still can't believe he's not going to play the cheesy stuff in Miami.

Guest sarahcj

Tiesto has a huge following down here so I am sure it will be packed.

I am not a huge trance fan but I have a lot of respect for him as a DJ, the energy he puts into his sets and his crowd interaction.

I think it's great that he makes the effort as a few DJs when they get to the top stop trying as hard.

Are you going Rob?

nice to see that you guys appreciate his skill and level of interaction with the crowd...he really does Perform more than alot of DJs---and its fun to watch how silly and excited he gets behind the decks.

a note on breaks---he spins a great new breaks mix of a song called Breathing-- Rank 1 - Airwave (trance cllllllllassic!) It is so great, and so uplifting. he is sure to spin it this weekend. ALso, there are some great new trax of his new album Nyana. His set in nyc was pretty hard trance for the first few hours, and then it got a bit softer, and the end was complete trance classics and some great oldies from his album "in my memory". He also spun Way out West's "Mindcircus, mixed in with Plasticboy - Silverbath....goddamn it was hot!

Rob, there is no excuse not to go! we all have our rough weekends, I want you to go so you can report back! 8)

Well, I'll definitely put Tiesto in my top 5 DJ's, but Im going to pass this weekend. One thing for sure...He will be back! I'll catch him next time.

Like Nick said, Im a little Spaced out. I fought the crowds on Sunday morning for Deep Dish, not really in the mood to fight them this weekend. And I just need a small break from clubs in general this weekend. Save a little money & brain cells, if you know what I mean!!

Hopefully the surf will be up so I can spend some quality time in the water and clear my head!!

The surf gods were definitely with us this past weekend! We had a blast! I think Nick is getting the hang of it. Good job Nick...you are doing much better than a lot of other people I have taken out. Most of them gave up after the first try. Keep it up and Im sure you will be shredding soon!

;)

Guest rampage23

Ahh.. i wanna go there sooo bad

Well, he always comes around, i'll see him the next time

To me, Tiesto is a great DJ (as far as mixing skills go) but I can't deal with the music he plays. (trance, trance, trance)

Although a friend of mine saw him recently and he said that Tiesto played techno, breaks, trance and house....but I still can't believe he's not going to play the cheesy stuff in Miami.

Um yeah, THAT WAS ME AND STOP PLAYER HATING TIESTO!

You and sarah just need to put on the furry boots, and wings because you both know deep down that trance will always be the guiding lights in your musical journey.

Plus, he doesnt just play trance, trance, trance. After his 16th red bull he is actually a techno/breaks/HHC DJ :)

Guest shannon_coolj.

I know it was you!

My goal in life is to playa hate Tiesto.

No but really, some of the coolj. crew went to see him play at Telemundo last night and what did he play? Trance, trance, trance.

I think he's got to consider where he's playing. Maybe in the ATL he played techno but I'm sure in Miami, he's strictly trance.

But who knows? I didn't go last night so maybe by his 206th Red Bull, he broke out the techno & breaks.