Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Chemical Brothers @Centro-fly -Fri 03.26

Guest joeygk

Guest joeygk

It says on the Chemical Brothers website that they'll be DJ/Performing in NYC on Friday, 03.26 @Centro-fly! ;D

Guest joeygk

the only problem is centro sux, and I can never seem to have a good time there ----- I always have an al-right time, even when the music is great ----- people just don't seem to get twisted like they used to in that place!

That is the same night as the grand opening of Fridays at Spirit.

I have been busting my ass for a long time to get this party up and running...

opening night 3/26 is Anthony Pappa(bi monthly resident) along with Astro&Glyde and Randall Jones...

more info to come soon ;)

That is the same night as the grand opening of Fridays at Spirit.

I have been busting my ass for a long time to get this party up and running...

opening night 3/26 is Anthony Pappa(bi monthly resident) along with Astro&Glyde and Randall Jones...

more info to come soon ;)

andy, get outta here! I love Anthony Pappa and try never to miss him when he is here in nyc, which isnt very often...i think last time was this past summer at centro with the LES? that was a fun nite. see you on the 26th unless something comes up-

and gk, i concur, centro is no fun anymore. i havent been there in ages----

Guest trancelator

Unless the Chems are playing a live set, definitely go see Pappa. I saw some of their dj set @ Mansion during the conference and just didn't enjoy it.

Guest nickjunkie

Yeah I kinda missed the point of having them as headliners with only a DJ set, especially considering how amazing the Underworld show was at Ultra last year...

Guest joeygk

Anthony Pappa is seriously the nicest guy ever -- he hung out w/ us at the Shore Club during WMC 2003 & was cracking everybody up --- really kool kat. I saw him perform a set once in Miami @Billboard Live (this is going back a few years)- where he was totally fokked up & he botched a mix BAD, and people in the crowd starting shouting "trainwreck" & instead of trying to cover it up he came out from around the decks and took a bow ---- the whole club starting laughing -- he's a riot!

So I'm thinking Anthony Pappa Friday & then the last Danny Howells EVER @ARC on Saturday........my weekend is set. STRAP IT ON!

Anthony Pappa is seriously the nicest guy ever -- he hung out w/ us at the Shore Club during WMC 2003 & was cracking everybody up --- really kool kat.  I saw him perform a set once in Miami @Billboard Live (this is going back a few years)- where he was totally fokked up & he botched a mix BAD, and people in the crowd starting shouting "trainwreck" & instead of trying to cover it up he came out from around the decks and took a bow ---- the whole club starting laughing -- he's a riot!  

So I'm thinking Anthony Pappa Friday & then the last Danny Howells EVER @ARC on Saturday........my weekend is set.  STRAP IT ON!

Oh dear, that does sound like a fantastic weekend, you might have an accessory tagging along :D

That Howells event is sure to be over-the-top....it is the last at Arc, which as im sure everyone knows is shutting down (and relocating somewhere eventually?)---

PS that Billboard story about Pappa is great....what a recovery! I feel like I would have done the same thing...

Last year I started the conference with Seaman and Pappa tag-teaming at Spin (I wont call it anything else!)...what an awesome night that was...

Guest trancelator

Pappa and then Howells?! :o What a great weekend!!! You're right EV, NYC is like WMC all the time. I saw Pappa, Seaman, Maas and MaX Graham a few years ago @ Crobar. That was a night I'll never forget. Enjoy your weekend fellas. NYC (and Arc especially) sounds like the place to be this weekend. :)

Guest trancelator
dude it really is wmc here every weekend, i love it so much !! :D  you're going to have such a good time when you come up here, without a doubt.  this is the best city ever

Werd! I can't wait for my trip. ;D I was there last 4th of July and Digweed and Oakenfold were there on back to back nights at Centro Fly. I'm not big on Oakey these days but nevertheless, that is great! I should have plans finalized this weekend/early next week.

I need to find a way to do the six months here, six months in NYC thing you mentioned. THAT is the ultimate goal! ;D ;D ;D