Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Carl Cox blew out Avalon on Saturday night!

Guest djdimaggio

Guest djdimaggio

[glow=red,2,300]If S & D wasn't enough on Friday, Carl Cox made a special appearance at Avalon on Saturday and by all accounts,  blew the lid off the joint!!!

Coming off a stellar performance at Crobar in Miami for WMC he was in rare form and ready to go!!

Anybody catch 'em?[/glow]

[glow=red,2,300]If S & D wasn't enough on Friday, Carl Cox made a special appearance at Avalon on Saturday and by all accounts,  blew the lid off the joint!!!

Coming off a stellar performance at Crobar in Miami for WMC he was in rare form and ready to go!!

Anybody catch 'em?[/glow]

not personally, but I heard the music was awesome, but the space was more crowded than NYE. I cant imagine that!

Also, I heard the sound system still hasnt been tweaked? that needs to be done pronto...people are going to go deaf. last time for Ferry @ Avalon it was devastating how great the music was, but it was so crowded you could barely wiggle your toes nonetheless bust a move- ya know? shiiiiiit. I chose to go to the Roxy on sat nite, make fun of me all you want, but I had enough room to do thirteen squat thrusts and a backflip. ::)

Guest joeygk

The GK man heard the music was RIDICULOUS -- I've heard so many good things - I'm sorry I was out of town for this, I haven't heard Cox spin in almost a year and I'm past due at this point! ;D

*although, whaz up w/ Avalon, I can't deal w/ the way they over-pack that place ---- I know if I had gone, I would have had a panic attack like on New Years Eve. They should just charge more and let less people in or somethin' >:(

Guest djdimaggio
The GK man heard the music was RIDICULOUS  -- I've heard so many good things - I'm sorry I was out of town for this, I haven't heard Cox spin in almost a year and I'm past due at this point!  ;D

*although, whaz up w/ Avalon, I can't deal w/ the way they over-pack that place ---- I know if I had gone, I would have had a panic attack like on New Years Eve. They should just charge more and let less people in or somethin'  >:(

[glow=red,2,300]Ridiculous doesn't even begin to explain it but Avalon has gotta do something 'bout all the people...way, way to packed![/glow]

Guest djdimaggio

not personally, but I heard the music was awesome, but the space was more crowded than NYE.  I cant imagine that!

I chose to go to the Roxy on sat nite, make fun of me all you want, but I had enough room to do thirteen squat thrusts and a backflip.  ::)

[glow=red,2,300]13? Holy Toledo! And a backflip? I'd have payed to see all that! Peter Rauhofer at the Roxy has been going strong for several years now. How was the music and his skillz on the decks?[/glow]

Guest joeygk

My friend described the crowd as if "someone stood outside all the bridges & tunnels and handed out free passes to every tight-shirted steroid junkie w/ a fake tan" ----- he said it was at least twice as crowded as NYE ----> :o

EV went to the Roxy on Saturday --- somebody was on the prowl last weekend --- "don't stop, get it, get it"

Guest djdimaggio
My friend described the crowd as if "someone stood outside all the bridges & tunnels and handed out free passes to every tight-shirted steroid junkie w/ a fake tan"   -----   he said it was at least twice as crowded as NYE ---->  :o

EV went to the Roxy on Saturday --- somebody was on the prowl last weekend --- "don't stop, get it, get it"

[glow=red,2,300]Somebody went creepin' this weekend...what up Ev..any hot Latin love for an LES lust bucket like you? ;D[/glow]

Guest joeygk

[glow=red,2,300]Somebody went creepin' this weekend...what up Ev..any hot Latin love for an LES lust bucket like you? ;D[/glow]

Hey DiMagg - you going to Tronic tonight - should be a good one!

[glow=red,2,300]13?   Holy Toledo!  And a backflip?  I'd have payed to see all that! Peter Rauhofer at the Roxy has been going strong for several years now.  How was the music and his skillz on the decks?[/glow]

The music was pretty good---his skills were alright, definitely wasnt expecting much so it was a pleasant suprise--

would have been A LOT better if the sound system was up to par...why dont they replace it! remember when Roxy sound system was the talk of the town....

My friend described the crowd as if "someone stood outside all the bridges & tunnels and handed out free passes to every tight-shirted steroid junkie w/ a fake tan"   -----   he said it was at least twice as crowded as NYE ---->  :o

TWICE as crowded??? my god I'd have commit suicide! It's just not worth it to attempt to see a DJ in that type of atmosphere----they hang carrots over your head ---amazing music but no way to dance to it? f#$k that. And all those meatheads and douche bags,....i'll pass.

Guest minneec

carl cox made everyone there dance! whether there was room or not. i got there late, and had to wait on the line for 30 minutes because a group of male asians from out of town were right behind me and made it look like we were part of a pack. needless to say, when i got in, i was glad it was all balmy and sweaty. it warmed me up from the outside in. but avalon does need to do something about their sound. i never left without the ability to hear before.