Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Edgar V and PVD @ Roxy 2-27-03

not sure if im going to make this event....for a few reasons...

a.) the roxy is the worst and the sound system is really lacking as of late.

b.) gonna seee pvd the next week at wmc

c.) just cant imagine entering the roxy now that we have places like avalon and Crobar....imho pvd could be at crobar, or as charles said, hammerstein....

BUT, i do love edgar V, and it would be great to finally see PVd with edsgar V rather than Diaz!

do you all forecast attending or are you ambivolent like me...

Guest BarVybe

same thoughts same reasons...thou i did miss the last PVD / Roxy which i heard was great. But I think i'd rather see DH @ Arc the next night since Space on the 5th is pretty much a done deal :)

Guest djdimaggio

a.)  the roxy is the worst and the sound system is really lacking as of late.

c.) just cant imagine entering the roxy now that we have places like avalon and Crobar....imho pvd could be at crobar, or as charles said, hammerstein....

BUT, i do love edgar V, and it would be great to finally see PVd with edsgar V rather than Diaz!  

[glow=red,2,300]It'd be interesting to see PVD at Crobar or Spirit but neither of those spaces can handle the turnout...[/glow]

Ive got a novel Idea!!  

Sell Tickets.  

Sell out of tickets.

Only ticketholders get in.

hmmm.  If Dave Matthews Band was playing at the Garden, what would they do?

sell tickets.

sell out of tickets.

only ticketholders would get in.

PVD at Crobar would be the best, i think, but I havent been to spirit yet.  PVD is too popular to have it be just a free-for-all, dont you think?

Now I know you may be thinking, well clubbers arent accustomed to buying tickets, the venues wont sell out from mere tickets...

then have a limit, and once ticketless people have reached a pre-established limit, leave everyone else out in the cold, learn the hard way!  One an element of exclusivity is created maybe the mayhem would cease...i dont know...

Guest djdimaggio
Ive got a novel Idea!!  

Sell Tickets.  

Sell out of tickets.

Only ticketholders get in.

hmmm.  If Dave Matthews Band was playing at the Garden, what would they do?

sell tickets.

sell out of tickets.

only ticketholders would get in.

PVD at Crobar would be the best, i think, but I havent been to spirit yet.  PVD is too popular to have it be just a free-for-all, dont you think?

Now I know you may be thinking, well clubbers arent accustomed to buying tickets, the venues wont sell out from mere tickets...

then have a limit, and once ticketless people have reached a pre-established limit, leave everyone else out in the cold, learn the hard way!  One an element of exclusivity is created maybe the mayhem would cease...i dont know...

[glow=red,2,300]Forget about popular...you can't put tickets on sale for a late February show in the second week of January for spaces like Hammerstein or MSG and expect to fill these venues with tickets sales only. These type of events need to be planned and marketed WAY AHEAD of time.[/glow]

Guest BarVybe

they pretty much did that at Roxy for PVD a few times back. If you didn't have a ticket you waited outside for about 3 hours and the majority just got turned away in the end anyhow...

a.)  the roxy is the worst and the sound system is really lacking as of late.

Ev, if you go tell Edgar Hi from CrzyC!!!

Guest djdimaggio
they pretty much did that at Roxy for PVD a few times back.  If you didn't have a ticket you waited outside for about 3 hours and the majority just got turned away in the end anyhow...

[glow=red,2,300]That's no way to treat your customers. 3 hours and then turned away? >:(

Hence, a bigger location to accomodate everybody. :)[/glow]

[glow=red,2,300]Not to run to any certain Promoters defense or any particular Venues Defense. But WOW what completely ill informed statements from EV.

ROXY has the worst what??? Phazon Sound System??? Mind you Mike Bindra always makes it a point to pay for the room to be tuned every time Paul spins.

Ever think that yes Paul could play the other rooms but working with people that have made you feel comfortable performing for years may be a factor??

it's so easy for people that don't throw events to comment on how they "Should Be Done"

Come on already........[/glow]

Guest BarVybe

hey everyone with tickets got in no problems and in quick order and this was right at a big crackdown time in NYC for clubs - the fire marshals were there making sure it wasn't overpacked and stuff (some kids died in a club fire in CT or RI just the week before).  Honestly if PVD is coming to town and tickets are on sale you're pretty dumb to figure you can just show up and walk right in.

HI Lainie :) - i have to say the Roxy sound is just ok - its great at certain spots on the floor but absolutely sucks IMO if you are standing near the sides or the back of the place.

As for bigger spots - Roxy's pretty big and i hope to god he never goes to Exit.  At least Roxy's decently run inside and pleasant to be in.   But hearing him at Arc on a Monday night a few months ago was really the best :)