Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sasha rocked Avalon NY silly for NYE!

Guest djdimaggio

Guest djdimaggio

[glow=red,2,300]In his signature fashion, Sasha blew Avalon out for New Years Eve. The place was mobbed with tons of pretty people prancing about. What a sick party!

Defy an excellent beginning to 2004!

Happy New Year party people!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D[/glow]

Jesus Christ kids....what an amazing night that was...I just cant get over it....I got to attend with a group of my favorite friends----and the place was insane!  Way too crowded in the beginning though, so my friends and I relaxed a bit up in spider and met some seriously awesome characters. We went back and forth constantly because there was just so muhc more room in there and there were a lot of cool people to mingle with.

Everyone and their mother was tripping on ecstacy.  I saw some people so $%ucked up!  I saw countless people fall down the stairs, and one man fell down the stairs, insisted my friend Ryan was actually his Friend Simon, and then he lit his license in his mouth and tried to take a drag, as if i were a cigarette.  Drugs were rampant at this event.

I keep thinking it's Sunday.

Charles, you looked amazing in that cape or jacket you had on--(thank god we avoided that line)

And the girl looked like a straight up gal, you seem to be living upto your NYE Resolution of no chickenheads.

Anyway, thanks for the effort of calling my cell to try to find me...we both were obviously fairly inibriated and the place was jam packed...

but i did manage to see Joey and we spent most of the night together...and as it turned out joey's friend went to high school in Ohio with my friend Ryan.  small world.

There was a strong sexual vibe in the place.  Lots of ladies and gentleman were really all over eachtother and I felt the constant anonymous pinchings on my ass while passing through the huge crowds.  I love New Years...

Sasha's set...I mean, I cant imagine it not being one of his best.  Enlighten me, Joey and Charles if I am incorrect.  He came on at around 11:45, just when i got there, and rang in the new year with track sasha vs. underworld - wavy gravy vs born slippy.....shit the entire place was amped...Dirty Sticky Floors sent the roof off the cathedral, and his encore with Xpander was utterly amazing.  utterly amazing.  And being with so many of my favorite friends added to the greatness of it all. sharing music with best friends is the best!

The people there were spectacular as well...Sososos many hot people, oh my god I was truly impressed--Charles you must have been goin nuts.  I must have met 15-20 really profound people last night....at one point we had a section in Spider where we were sitting with 2 Israelis, a bunch of Aussies, (including Mike the floor manager---he is a fucking rockstar), a dutch girl and tw british girls, a miami couple, and myself and a few of my friends.  Nyc is such an enabler for multicultural affairs and I love it...

I think there was a spirit there last night that was unique or avalon-0---sasha draws a good crowd of people....

I eventually came back home around 8:30 this morning (we were on our way to Crobar but I decided against, I always ruin an amazing night by trying to go to afterhours.  Junior was out of the question.)  We put in Sashas essential mix and continued dancing a bit---and then had a lengthy discussion about Trance...and how shitty the crowds are at trance events....and how up and down and cheesy it can be....After seeing Sasha perform an 8 hour set last night, seeing Nick Warren, Steve Lawler, etc, I feel like Im getting a much deeper appreciation for consistent beats...that's what it seems like to me----just a consistent great time, some melodic epic moments but not Overly overly dramatic...and the people that attend events like Lawler, Sasha and Nic Warren are just so much better....much more my kind of people...not 16 yr olds with glowsticks and eyes in the back of their head.  

My friends and I were talking constantly today about last nights experience...it goes down as one of the best times I've had in awhile, quite possibly since Ibiza.  That NYE spirit is so great in this city...and it is also a night for the Amateurs to come out and play hard...the people that never are crazy but decide to since it is New Year's Eve.  Always a pleasure to watch them act silly and do dumb things, like light their drivers license instead of a cig.  

Joey and Charles, elaborate more on the time you had.  How did Sashas performance compare to other performances you've seen.  Do you think he played a bit harder sine it was NYE or did he spin his standard shit?

he spun many trax that he spun on his recent essential mix. and yeah, the simulcast with digweed never happened, although i doubt a single person noticed.

Guest joeygk

I heard the afterhours was retarded ----

Sasha + Sander Kleinenberg + Louis Diaz + Astro&Glyde @Lot 61 playing retro 80's trax! :o

Guest djdimaggio
I cant imagine why such world renowned DJs would choose to do after hours, on NYE nonetheless, at quite possibly the worst venue in manhattan.  I detest that place so much it almost makes me gag.  

[glow=red,2,300]Because they love doing what they do I would guess...and maybe the fact that it wuz NYE! ::):P ::) :-*[/glow]

Guest joeygk

djs always throw down afta hours sets - usually really low key - but what like they're really going to go home & sleep.   ;)

I heard Sasha was mangled!  Just standing behind the decks w/ his sunglasses on rocking back & forth --- word is Sander's set from 2-4pm was wicked though.

*Charles you didn't come & say hi @Avalon - where's the luv?  :'(

Guest djdimaggio
djs always throw down afta hours sets - usually really low key - but what like they're really going to go home & sleep.   ;)

I heard Sasha was mangled!  Just standing behind the decks w/ his sunglasses on rocking back & forth --- word is Sander's set from 2-4pm was wicked though.

*Charles you didn't come & say hi @Avalon - where's the luv?  :'(

[glow=red,2,300]Dude, I wuz there. I saw Evan at the beginning but lost him just as quickly. Sorry I missed you. We all hafta get together and chill somewhere, sometime soon. [/glow]

Guest joeygk

So did you really have a cape on >>>> and just try to tell me you didn't loose your mind when Sasha's set went "F*%KING ELECTRIC!"   ;D ;D ;D

Guest djdimaggio
So did you really have a cape on >>>> and just try to tell me you didn't loose your mind when Sasha's set went "F*%KING ELECTRIC!"   ;D ;D ;D

[glow=red,2,300]

Absolutely! And a "hakama"-aikido/samarai skirt!! Gotta pay those electric bills man![/glow]

Shit, I didnt articulate that right up there...of course I understand why DJS do afterhours, cuz afterhours are fun.------I meant why did they choose to do it @ Lot 61...that place is horrible and the sound system is wretched.

That "fuckin electricity" song was great. it totally confused me and sent me into a bit of a spin. good stuff. the encore with cowgirl v. xpander and dirty sticky floors were my favorite moments....glad I was on the dance floor when they were on

Guest joeygk

All I listen to anymore are downloaded EMs - I try to listen live every Saturday night b4 I go out.

What do you guys think the best Essential Mix from 2003?

My top 3:

Phil Hartnoll, Greg Vickers & Krysko - Tribal Gathering

Tom Stephan and Antoine 909

Jeff Mills & DJ Marky - Live from Homelands

*also the Sasha set live from Glastonbury was AMAZING - wasn't an essential mix but it aired on Radio 1!

Guest joeygk

How could I forget -- the MURK essential mix was pretty damn bad ass too - can't forget to give props to our boys from Miami! ;D

I am addicted to Sasha's EM from August....so many trax on this were spun on NYE I really can close my eyes and feel like im back----

about 14 mins in.....you gotta remember that----beat slowsssssss downnnnn then pickssss back up---uhh i remember losin my mind to this track.

Charles, since they were simulcasting (or at least trying, ) did they record the set at avalon, can you find out?

Guest djdimaggio
I am addicted to Sasha's EM from August....so many trax on this were spun on NYE I really can close my eyes and feel like im back----

about 14 mins in.....you gotta remember that----beat slowsssssss downnnnn then pickssss back up---uhh i remember losin my mind to this track.  

Charles, since they were simulcasting (or at least trying, ) did they record the set at avalon, can you find out?  

[glow=red,2,300]I will find out although the simulcast was a bust on both coasts. I had a CJ rep at the Digweed event in LA and they didn't have the simulcast there either but I'll find out about the set.[/glow]

Guest djdimaggio
thanx Charlie 8)

PS:  dirty bass - emotional soundscape....i mean, really----uhhh.  ikm creamin my jeans man

[glow=red,2,300]Easy buddy! :o ;D ;) :-*[/glow]

I think the only thing i would have loved hearing as well that night was

enjoy the silence

and out of body experience..

.those two trax were some of my first favorites and still get me going...I cant imagine hearing them live now....it would be like when pvd spun binary finary in ibiza this summer....

have you found out yet whether it was recorded?

Guest Idreamofdancing

I can't stop thinking about the night...I've been in a serious state of depression once the lights came on. I had at least 3 more hours in me. Sasha blew me away...it wasn't until I was dancing on the boxes, waving my arms in the air, chanting Sasha's name while seducing him with my hips and eyes, that I became one with the music...oh man..what a night. The crowd was amazing...hot wasn't even the word..I must have told at least 10 people that they were beautiful...does anyone think his set from that night will be available to download?

Guys, Meet Aryn, my unbelievable sexy roommate! She is a rockstar too...my partner in life and she is an awesome addittion to the CJ crew.

I dream of dancing too, Aryn, just like this morning! I was dreaming we were already at the wmc and aryn was singing the national anthem and we were dancing. I crawled into bed with her at 7am to share the story.

Seriously, this girl can dance til well past the sun rises, and I feel the same level of passion for NYE as her.

And yes, there weree so many good looking people there it hurt the eyes. I too told many people how attractive i thought they were, and made out with some of them to boot 8) . felt good.